Recent tech updates
Feature update: “Not for me” button on the approval page is now working with “Expense Claim Notification” (basically it overrides the table approver rule). So the approver can be changed to one not on the “List of Users/Approvers” table.
Make “Charge” data field visible/editable on approval pages (screenshot), on the project manager approval & check-po pages.
OneDrive integration: we support both 1) automatic pulling invoices from OneDrive and 2) exporting documents to OneDrive. The former is to upload document; the latter is to save to your OneDrive all the document you have processed through EzzyBills. More on OneDrive integration
Update to “bill & PO matching” for Xero user: when processing a bill, EzzyBills can match it with an existing PO. This existing feature has been updated with details below.
- The bill details will be added to the matching purchase order (PO) in the “History & Notes” section in Xero. The details include: invoice number and all the items that were received (including the received quantity). Note that you will need to use “item codes” in Xero on both the PO and bills. (more)
- Inherit customization rules from your HQ account: added an setting on the “Extract” workflow task (screenshot)
- Bug fixing: for duplicate suppliers shown in EzzyBills Contact, to fix it, go to Apps > Refresh.
New “Contacts” page: login EzzyBills, go to “Contacts“, it will take you to the new contact page (which opens on a separate browser tab). Most columns of contact data come from your accounting software, except four columns of EzzyBills data: Workflow, Tracking, GL Account, and Tax Code.
- For “GL Account”, you can specify general leger code for a supplier and EzzyBills will use it.
- For Workflow, you can specify a special workflow to process this supplier invoice. To enable this, you also need to change your active workflow to include the task “Switch Workflow”, for which you also need to copy/paste a setting like this. This is an advanced feature – please email email@example.com to set this up for you.
- The other two columns are not supported yet as of 1 August 2023.
- Added new email setting to ensure one invoice per email is processed (equivalent to the “withAttachment” email alias). screenshot
- Support MYOB spend money attachment: receipts will be attached to the spend money transactions created by EzzyBills.
Due date for QuickBooks users
Due date is always extracted from a bill. However when it is used depends on export target and settings. For QuickBooks users (as well as xero users), if payment terms not set for a vendor, then the due date on a bill is used. You can force the use of due date by a setting on task “QuickBooks “.
- UI change: on “Dashboard”, the ‘signed in user’ initial is now shown as a logo at the top right corner of the page. To see the full user name, just click on logo.
- keywords over 3 lines is now supported.
- for those using claim notification workflow: if a claim is submitted without specifying the claimant, the claim will fail to process. To rectify, find a link in the invoice processing “log” to set the claimant.
API to switch users within an EzzyBills HQ account (more)
API to match bills with purchase orders (more)
Title case (where first letter is upper case) is now supported for table descriptions. To enable the conversion, you need to add ‘Set Invoice Details’ workflow task and enable a setting for TITLE_CASE.
Example: to convert description “INDUSTRIAL GAS AND TRADEFLAME” to “Industrial Gas and Tradeflame”.
Approval email batching (to reduce the number of approval request emails): this feature is enabled in the submit approval workflow task as one of approval rules. more
For QuickBooks users, for sale invoices, we now support custom fields: PO number, and “Service Date” column. Find out more.
Employee Expense Claim: Bug Fixing for Claimant Name with a Space.
If you use the first name and last name with a space in between when submitting your expense claim, we will create a supplier with a space in your accounting software. If the claimant name already exists as a supplier in your accounting software, with or without a space, we will continue to use it.
New Feature: Add Approval Watermark to Uploaded Image Files (as well as PDF Files)
Please note that typical image files are PNG or JPEG files. You may upload them directly to EzzyBills or via the EzzyBills Mobile App scanning feature. For any image you upload, we will convert it to a PDF file first and then add a watermark. Both the original image and the converted PDF file are viewable in the “Search/Approve” section of EzzyBills.
This is only available to xero users at the moment.
New Feature: Expense Claim Annual Limit and Claim Reporting.
You can set a claimant’s annual claim limit in EzzyBills Settings > “Approval & Expenses” > “List of Users/Approvers” table. screenshot
The limit is only applicable if you enable the corresponding approval rule. You can also set the annual claim limit in the approval rules. screenshot
If a claim exceeds the claimant’s annual limit, the claim will be rejected. Please note that the annual limit applies to the calendar year starting on January 1.
You can also generate report (Apps > “Claimant History”) (sample report)
New Feature: Automatic Language Detection for Canada Users (screenshot)
If the locale is set to “Canada” then EzzyBills will automatically detect the language and if the language is non-English (ie. French) then it will get translated.
For all other locations there is no change, however if you set language in EzzyBills Settings to ‘Auto Detect Language’. EzzyBills will check the invoice language and translate if required. You can set the language to “auto” in workflow task “Extract”. screenshot
For Xero users, for duplicate sale invoices or bills, if the duplicate detection is false positive (they are actually not duplicates) you can login EzzyBills, find the invoice that failed to export and click “Modify” link to change the invoice number to trigger a re-processing.
- Export workflow task setting for QuickBooks (and Xero): HeaderOnly can now be set to be “true”.
- Improvement in supplier matching algorithm for Quickbooks users.
- Minor code change for when supplier name is changed during approval (for Xero, MYOB, QuickBooks).
Bug fixing for MYOB job number has a comma in it.
Make more QuickBooks account codes available during approval: now it includes additional assets & liability.
Update on employee expense claims: find out more
We now have these new features: 1) an app for you to add employee in bulk to EzzyBills, 2) you can now set up EzzyBills so to notify employee their claiming status, and 3) you can use special workflow and set claim limit per invoice on the workflow.
Specify general leger code in EzzyBills for a supplier. GL code is the “Account Code” in Xero and MYOB, the “Category” in QuickBooks). For Xero and MYOB users, you can specify the account code in your accounting software and then we will use it. For QuickBooks users, you need to specify it in EzzyBills, go to Apps > Contact, search/find the supplier, and specify the account_code. Click “Save“.
VAT number from QuickBooks UK: the VAT number added in the “other” area of vendor information will be be saved & unmasked now (to solve the issue of two suppliers with the same last 4 digits).
Bug fixing for multiple currency for QuickBooks user. With this bug fixing, now your QuickBooks base currency can be different from your country (such as for a UK business, the base currency is US dollar). EzzyBills can process supplier invoices in GBP. Now our multiple currencies shall work excellently for QuickBooks users.
We now support an ‘Approver’ only login: upgrade your account to HQ, create a new user, and change the role to “approver” for the user and click “Save Changes”. This allows an approver to login to EzzyBills and approve all their invoices rather than via email. more
Not suitable for HQ accounts containing more than one company.
In the recent weeks, updates on approval user interface: recently many changes have been made.
- In all cases, we will show “all my approvals” UI. The simple approval is gone. The batch approval is gone, but can be shown by if you insert the text “batch” in the Advanced setting “UIOptions”.
- Add “Save” button (You can now change the invoice details or add notes, gl codes, tracking etc, and click save. This will save all your changes. In cases where an admin wants to review the details before sending to an approver then they wont need 2 levels of approval. They can use one level. On first level they review/change then save then send to the approver using “not for me”)
- Add two toggle buttons to all my approvals, so that you can set layout to portrait or landscape (top right corner).
Update on “Purchase Order Keywords”: go to Settings > Advanced Options to find this setting. We can now handle the case of keyword and PO number having no space in between (add ‘|’ before and after keyword).
Update on the “search” function: under “Search/Approve”, you can enter invoice data, such as supplier name and invoice amount, to search. With this new update, the search results will include invoices are waiting approval, or failed to export (not just those that are successfully exported/finished).
Modify tax rate: For Australian businesses that are not allowed to claim 10% tax (rather a reduced percentage) or 0%, now you can specify this reduced tax rate in EzzyBills workflow task “Set Invoice Details’, adding the CHANGE_TAX setting.
Date: Dec 2022 & Jan 2023
Edit invoice table during approval: during EzzyBills approval, you can now edit invoice table data, in additional to invoice header data. For some data, you can set both in the table and on the invoice header, such as account codes and tracking.
For account codes, if you set on the header level, the data in the table will not be used.
For tracking, you can set both on the header level and line level. For example, for QuickBooks users, you can set location on the header level, and class on the line level.
New setting “Set Account Code Before Approval“: in Settings > Approval & Expenses. (screenshot)
After it is enabled & saved, click “Workflow” to verify workflow task “Set Account Codes” in the active workflow. With this, account codes will get set before approval. If all account codes are the same then we will set the account code at header level; otherwise, it will be on the line level.
To record the HQ user name that logged in EzzyBills and approved invoices. The HQ user name is recorded in the processing “log”.
Use case: EzzyBills customers have requested the ability for multiple staff members to be able to login to EzzyBills and each be able to approve invoices and be able to see who approved which invoice. (how to add HQ user)
Simpro credit notes work ok now. SimPRO fixed this back in November.
On the top of previous multiple-column description, EzzyBills can now extract each column of description separately (each allows multiple lines) and then combine them together into a single line of description. Need this: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing DocID.
Improvements to item code extraction: If there are multiple possible item codes on a line, we will be able to smartly determine which one to use.