EzzyBills User Guide
- Show All Articles ( 9 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
Use Case: Team leader, CFO and CEO Approval based on amounts
In this use case, a business has different approvers based on the invoice amount.
For example, the team leaders (for example the finance department team leader) will approve all the invoices within their own team.
But in addition to this,
- for invoices that are over $1000 the CFO will also approve them, and
- for invoices that are over $5000, the CEO will approve them.
I. Set up teams in EzzyBills
- Go to Settings > “Approval & Expenses” tab
- In the “List of Users/Approvers” table you can set up approvers for each team/department (screenshot below)
- Click “+Add approver” below the table. Enter a short name of the team in the 1st column and enter the team leader’s email in the 2nd column.
- Click “save changes” just under the table. Once saved, EzzyBills will generate a unique “Upload Email” for each department.
- Repeat the steps above for each department.
Please note that in the table above, only one approver per team is listed. If more than one person is required to approve, such as the CEO needs to approve if the amount is over $5000, you can “Enable Approval Workflow” in the Settings to add additional levels of approval. This is explained further below.
II. Set up two-level approval workflows for CFO and CEO
- Go to your EzzyBills settings and click the “Approval & Expenses” tab at the top.
- Tick the “Enable Approval Workflow”. Tick “Two level approval”.
- Provide the default approver emails for level 1 and level 2 (screenshot below): the CFO being the 1st-level approver and the CEO being the 2nd-level approver.
2) Create approval rules based on invoice amounts
- Click on “Workflow” on the left menu on your EzzyBill’s account
- Click the “Submit Approval 1″. Approver 1 in this case is the CFO.
3. scroll down to the “Approval Rules“. Tick the top rule, click the blue text to enter “1000” as invoice amount. For this case if the invoice amount is greater than $1000, an approval email will be sent to the CFO. Then click “save settings“, under the approval rules. (see below for screenshot)
4. Now click the “Submit Approval 2″ workflow task. Approver 2 in this case is the CEO.
5. scroll down to the “Approval Rules“. Tick the top rule, click the blue text to enter “5000” as invoice amount. For this case if the invoice amount is greater than $5000, an approval email will be sent to the CEO. Then click “save settings“, under the approval rules. (see below for screenshot)
III. For employee: how to use it
For employees, to upload invoices & receipts, either
- forward the invoice/receipt to EzzyBills “Upload Email” that is generated in the table above.
- use the EzzyBills Mobile App (see below for more details) to scan paper invoices or receipts
How to use the EzzyBills Mobile App to scan receipts?
- Search “EzzyBills” to down and install EzzyBills Mobile App. Login using QR codes, which should have been sent to you by your EzzyBills admin.
- Click the “Gear Box” – add Alias Name, which is the “Name” field in the List of Approvers table in EzzyBills Settings, for that department (eg. Finance)
- (back on the main page) click “Scan Now” to scan receipts using EzzyBills App.
- This will send the invoice to be approved by the department head (listed in the “Approver Email”)
IV. Approval requests
For each document uploaded:
- Based on email alias or the Alias setting on EzzyBills Mobile App, the corresponding team leader will receive the email approval first.
- After the team leader has approved, the CFO will receive the approval request if the amount is over $1000.
- After the CFO has approved, the CEO will receive the approval request if the amount is over $5000.
A sample email is provided below. Option to approve by one click of “Approve”, or click “Modify” to modify any data and then approve. Or click “All my approval” link below the buttons to open up a web portal to manage all approval requests to you.