EzzyBills User Guide
- Show All Articles ( 9 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
03. Process expenses directly to a job in simPRO
Workflow to use
“simPRO Job Cost workflow”
When to use: If you do not have a PO in simpro for some bills, you can upload them directly the “simpro Job Cost workflow”. This workflow allows you to set the job cost centre. Once set, EzzyBills will create a PO for this job then receipt in this expense.
I. How to create the Job Cost workflow
- Login to EzzyBills.
- In navigation bar, click Workflow.
- Click New button on your active workflow.
- Click “Choose a Workflow to Create” (Screenshot 1 below), and
- Select “Simpro Job Cost workflow” (Screenshot 2 below)
- Click “Create” button.
- View the newly created workflow
[Screenshot 3: the newly created “SIMPRO_JOB_COST” workflow]
(containing the “Assign Job” workflow task)
Notes for screenshot 3:
- as it is not an active/default workflow, you will need to specify this workflow when uploading in Dashboard, or use the special upload email address shown.
- if this is the main workflow that you want to use, you can set it as the “active” workflow.
II. How to use Job Cost workflow?
Upload a purchase invoice
- Email invoice to the special email address for this workflow, or
- login EzzyBills > Dashboard > (click) the dropdown arrow to expand and drag/drop invoice files to this workflow.
After the invoice data has been extracted, the invoice will be waiting for you to assign a job (this happens during the “AssignJob” work task).
Assign a job
To assign a job, login EzzyBills,
- go to Dashboard find the receipt/bill, move mouse over the document tile, then click on the “assign job” link
- alternatively, go to “Search/Approve” tab, find the receipt/bill, click the “assign job” link.
A new browser window will open up with a form, and choose the Job (in the Dropdown). We will show all recent jobs. If the Job is not shown, then you can enter the Job using the convention “jobid-costcenterid” (eg. 444308-5650). Enter or Select the Job and click Save.
The expense will now get exported to Simpro, and assigned to the Job you specified.
III. How to use phone app to scan receipt, specifying a job
For paper receipts, use EzzyBills Phone App to scan.
Download the phone app and set it up
- Download and install EzzyBills Mobile App. Login with username or password, or using the QR code.
- Click Gear icon to settings: enter “workflow.simprojobcost” in the field of “Alias Name”. Go back to the main screen.
- Go to the main screen. Click “Scan now“.
- Click the pen icon (or “+”) on the top right, and enter job number in the note (then we will pre-select this job if there is match in simPRO), and
- Scan the receipts.
- Find the receipts in EzzyBills/simPRO: login to the EzzyBills web portal. Go to Dashboard, or Search/Approve. When the receipt processing is finished, after a few minutes, we will export it to simPRO.