EzzyBills User Guide
- Show All Articles ( 9 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
06. Track Class, Customer, Location or Project in QuickBooks
EzzyBills can assign QuickBooks tracking data of Class, Customer, Location, or Project to a bill/expense.
When EzzyBills processes a bill or expense receipt, tracking information can also be extracted if:
- The tracking information is available on the document, or
- There is other data that can help us determine the tracking information.
How to set tracking data on bills?
- Method 1: User to assign the Class, Customer, or Location during approval.
- Method 2: EzzyBills automatically determines the tracking.
- Method 3: Track project
Method 1: User to set tracking during approval
At the time of approval, you can assign the tracking code ( such as Class, Customer, or/and Location):
- from the dropdown list, choose one or more trackings (such as choose both Class and Location), or
- tick “New Tracking” and manually enter the tracking data: if enter more than one tracking, separate them by a vertical line (|).
- An example below is “Export|Kingscliff Hills” (where “Export” is Class, and “Kingscliff Hills” is Location)
Below is an example of the bill exported to QuickBooks, with the class and location, as specified above.
Method 2: Tracking is automated based on data on the invoice
It can be done for class, customer, location or project. Only one of them can be done.
1) Class: working from the Tracking Keyword in EzzyBills Settings
- For example, a trucking company wish to track trucks. On the bill, there is the following wording:
Truck Number: Truck A1
(Here “Truck A1” is one of the classes in QuickBooks.)
- Then in the EzzyBills Settings, under Advanced Options, the following tracking keyword should be set. Click Save Settings afterwards.
2) Customer: working from the Tracking Keyword in EzzyBills Settings.
- If the customer is not found, or there is no keyword to indicate where the customer is, you can use the Invoice To address block
- In this example here. The customer is specific in the invoice with the following wordings:
Note: Property of 135 Sydney Street
Here, “Property of 135 Sydney Street” is one of your customers in QuickBooks.
Then the tracking keyword setting should be:
3) Location: working from the Tracking Keyword in EzzyBills Settings
- if no location is found, or there is no keyword to indicate where the location is, use the Invoice To or Deliver To address block.
- To enable the Invoice To address block, you need to enable in Custom settings: adding “INVOICETO” or “DELIVERTO” to the TrackingType (see screenshot below)
4) Project: click this link for details