02. Bills data automation to simPRO
Workflow to use
PO check workflow (the default workflow)
When a bill is uploaded into EzzyBills we will extract the PO number from the bill, then match the PO number with an order in simPRO. If the PO number does NOT exist in simPRO or the PO number has already been closed, then we will just store the bill, not processing further.
There is one other EzzyBills setting that affects the behaviour, and this is the Default Item Code in EzzyBills Settings > Advanced Options. If this value is set to AUTO, and the item code on bill does no exist in simPRO, then EzzyBills will create it.
EzzyBills can process bills, receipting three common types of PO:
- The PO has been created in simPRO, but no lines were added to the PO.
- The PO has been created in simPRO, with lines.
- The PO is a Description PO in simPRO (no item codes, no lines)
- The PO has only one line (which may not be an actual item – rather a summary)
Case 1: Fill empty PO with line items on the invoices.
- EzzyBills will fill the PO with all the lines on the bill (creating the item codes if they are missing and the default item code has been set to ”AUTO”).
- EzzyBills will then receipt in all of the bill lines. The bill is attached to the receipt in simPRO. The PO will stay open.
- You can upload more bills associated with the same PO. Steps 1 and 2 above will repeat. (Tip: for this to work, when you create a new PO number in simPRO, make sure to untick this option on the top right corner – Status: Auto Adjust.)
- (Eventually, with PO status: Auto Adjust off, the PO will be closed manually by you.)
Video: Fill/receipt an empty Purchase Order in simPRO (2 minutes)
Case 2: Receipt PO lines with items on the invoices.
- The bill will get matched against the PO.
- If the item on the bill does NOT exist on the PO then we will return an error (item does not exist on PO).
- If the item does exist on the PO then the receipt will get created.
On the receipt,
- Qty and Prices come from the bill.
- Item Codes are determined based on description matching and other factors.
- Item “Name” is copied from the PO (not from the bill description).
If there are multiple bills for a single PO then you can upload all bills to EzzyBills. EzzyBills will receipt each item with the quantities on each bill. Note: the total Qty that can be receipted cannot not be more than the Qty on the PO (reason: simPRO does not allow it).
If the received quantities match those on the PO for all lines, the PO will automatically get closed (if, on the PO, the option “Auto Adjust” beside the Status is ticked). If not all lines are fully receipted, the PO will stay open.
If the total price of the bill and PO does not match, an automatic email notification is sent.
Video: EzzyBills + Simpro: Receipt purchase order lines automatically with multiple invoices (5 minutes)
Case 3: Receipt a “Description PO” with an invoice/bill
A “Description PO” in simPRO does not have line details (no item codes are assigned).
If you upload a purchase invoice to EzzyBills, we will find the PO number on the invoice. EzzyBills will check simPRO to see if the PO is a Catalog PO or a Description PO. If the matching PO in your simPRO is a Description PO:
- EzzyBills will receipt the bill to the PO as a “Description” Receipt: the invoice header details (such as invoice number, total and date) will get imported to simPRO, and the description from the PO will get copied over.
Note: currently, simPRO only allows one receipt for each “Description PO” (multiple receipts are not supported)
Case 4: Replace one-line PO with the lines on the bill
Scenario: The PO has one line, which is not on the bill. The PO was created with only one line, which was intended to be replaced by the lines on the bill. For example the PO line contains “Materials for job” and the invoice is a Bunnings invoice with 10 items, and you need EzzyBills to receipt in the bill lines, rather than trying to match with the PO line.
What does EzzyBills do? EzzyBills will compare the amount between the bill and the PO with a tolerance of 10%. EzzyBills will remove the PO line and receipt in all the lines on the bill.
Note: simPRO does not allow 0 quantity, so EzzyBills could not zero out the PO line. If you want to find out what the PO line was, find it in the simPRO “log” for the PO.
What to do when no matching PO is found?
what to do when there is an PO check error
Check before exporting to simPRO
Check before exporting to simPRO to specify conditions that you will need to check before EzzyBills exports a bill to simPRO.