EzzyBills User Guide
- Show All Articles ( 14 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 8 ) Collapse Articles
Expense Claim for Business Owners
For a small business, the business owner may pay many business expenses from their personal funds.
Options to claim/track business expenses
- Use the standard procedures that we recommend for Employee Expense Claim, or
- Upload receipts to EzzyBills as Spend Money transactions to a pseudo bank card.
Advantages of using option 2
All expenses will be recorded in the supplier’s name. You can go to the supplier in Xero to see a summary of all expenses from this supplier. Also, recording payment only needs to be done collectively (not one for each bill), and routinely, such as once a month.
Ask your bookkeeper and accountant for advice
If you are a business owner, ask your bookkeeper and accountant for advice on this matter. They will know your business circumstances and what is the best option for your business.
How does option 2 work?
1. Set up a pseudo bank card in your accounting software. For example in Xero: Accounting > Bank accounts > Add Bank Account. If you use other accounting software, you may set it up under “Chart of Accounts”.
[screenshot: set up a bank account in Xero, with account number of your choice]
2. Create an alias for email/app upload in EzzyBills Settings.
Login to EzzyBills, go to Settings > Approval & Expense, in the List of Approvers table: Click +Add Approver, type in a Name, Email, last 4 digit of the Personal Fund you just set up, tick “Bypass Approval”. Then click Save changes.
In the example above, you have set up the alias “pfund”. To upload your expenses to this “Personal Fund” account as Spend Money transactions.
3. Upload expenses to EzzyBills, via email or EzzyBills phone app.
- Forward email expenses (as attachment or in body) to email@example.com, where aaaa@@ezzybills.com is your unique EzzyBills email for uploading document, with “aaaa” generally a compact version of your EzzyBills user name.
- Use EzzyBills phone app to capture receipts (for the first time, you need to login and click the settings (Gear icon), and put “pfund” under Alias Name).
All the expenses you upload via email or from the app to EzzyBills will be exported to Xero as Spend Money transactions against this special pseudo bank card.
[Screenshot: expenses on a bank account] In this example below, “Personal Fund” is the bank. Four expenses were uploaded to EzzyBills, and then were exported to Xero.)