EzzyBills User Guide
- Show All Articles ( 14 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 8 ) Collapse Articles
04. Bills & matching PO to QuickBooks
If you upload a Bill to EzzyBills, and there is an associated Purchase Order for this Bill, then EzzyBills will process the Bill to QuickBooks Online, and then mark the associated Purchase Order as Closed.
I. EzzyBills Settings
You will need to change a pair of EzzyBills Settings to enable this. Go to Settings -> Advanced
Option 1: PO numbers will be extracted based on EzzyBills’ own default PO keywords.
Option 2: PO numbers will be extracted based custom keywords
II. How does this feature work?
When an invoice is uploaded into EzzyBills, and there is a corresponding purchase order in QuickBooks (same supplier, and same order number), then
- If the amounts on the invoice and the PO match, with some tolerance in difference (30%),
- the status PO in QuickBooks will get changed to Closed from Open;
- the new Bill will get imported into QuickBooks.
- If the amounts do not match (the difference is more than the percentage difference cutoff value), the new Bill will get imported into QuickBooks, and
- (by default) assume that the PO is only partially ‘Receipted’, so will leave the PO state unchanged.
[screenshot below: a example purchase order in QuickBooks, with PO no. of 45678]
I now upload a matching invoice for this PO to EzzyBills.
The amount on the invoice matches that of the PO, therefore, the new Bill gets imported into QuickBooks.
And the status of the PO changes to “Closed”.