EzzyBills User Guide
- Show All Articles ( 14 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 8 ) Collapse Articles
06.6 Set tracking data during approval
You can specify tracking data at the time of invoice approval.
For this to work, you will need to enable approval and then during approval, you can view and change the invoice data:
- On approval email request: click the “Modify” button, or
- login to EzzyBills. Go to “Search/Approve” > “Waiting Approval” tab. All invoices that are waiting for approval will be displayed. Click the “approve” link on any invoice.
I. Set tracking for the whole invoice
For example, on the approval email request, click the Modify button – you will be directed to a browser window. You can specify Tracking Option there.
- In the box for “select one or more tracking options”, you can select one or multiple tracking options.
- If “New Tracking” is ticked, you can manually enter the tracking option(s) in the box below. It is case sensitive.
- For Xero users, all the tracking options are listed. You can select one option from the Xero tracking category 1 and another one from the Xero tracking category 2.
- For MYOB users, you will only need to choose one job from the list.
- For Xero users, if you do not want EzzyBills to create new tracking options at all, you should login EzzyBills, click Workflow, click the “Xero Export” workflow task in the middle box, move mouse outside the box and scroll down and copy/paste/edit this setting. Click Save below the setting box.
Examples that are exported to Xero
- For example, if tracking option 11184 is selected, it will be exported to Xero like this below:
- You have selected two Xero tracking options (Xero tracking Settings example). Or manually enter two tracking options (for each: Tracking Category followed by Tracking Option): “Job 11184 State NSW”, or “Job 11184 | State NSW”. Then it will be exported to Xero like this bill below.
II. Set tracking on invoice lines
- For QuickBooks, tracking data may be on the invoice level, or on the line level. You can specify both during approval. On the invoice level, see instruction in Section I.
- For Xero & MYOB users, if tracking data are different on the lines, you can also edit the tracking in the table.
To specify tracking on the line level, click “Show Table” when you on the modify page during approval.
Then review or edit (screenshot below)