EzzyBills User Guide
- Show All Articles ( 14 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 8 ) Collapse Articles
Processing foreign language invoices
EzzyBills can process the invoices from suppliers that are from different countries, with the invoices written in a foreign language.
I. How to process non-English invoices?
You can use any of the options. Which one is the best for you will depend on your circumstances.
- set up a new custom workflow: specifying the language in the workflow (instruction below)
- set up an additional EzzyBills account: if many suppliers of yours use this non-English language, you can set up a new EzzyBills account to set this language in Settings > Account Settings > Language.
- use learning rules: if you only have a small number of foreign language suppliers, email firstname.lastname@example.org to create learning rules (one for each supplier).
II. Use custom workflow for foreign language invoices
II.1 How to set up the workflow?
- Login to EzzyBills.
- Go to Workflow.
- Click “New” to create a new customer workflow. In the step next, please choose “Choose a Workflow to Copy” (note: choose the active workflow) and click Create. Then find the workflow from the list, click “Edit” to rename it and click Save, (you can use the name of the language of the invoice).
4. Select the new workflow, and click the “Extract” workflow task.
Below the “Extract” workflow task is the empty “Setting” textbox. You can paste the setting that you need in order to extract the “foreign language invoice”, following the step 5 below.
5. Copy and paste the setting below the instruction “In this example, we set the language to Italian…” to the empty Setting textbox. Click Save to apply changes.
With this setting, the invoices that you upload to this workflow will be translated from Italian to English. Please note that the “it” here represents Italian language. Click here to find out all language short-name list.
II.2 How to use the new workflow
Select this new workflow you have just created, and you will see an email address beside it, you will need to email the invoices in this foreign language to this email address. By doing it, we will use this custom workflow, not the active workflow in your EzzyBills account.
Screenshot below: (in this example) the email address that you use for upload italian invoices is “JohnUk.email@example.com”.
II.3 How does this works?
For example, you have an Italian supplier that sent you an invoice in Italian.
Screenshot below: an example of the exported invoice to Xero (you will see the translation done in the description).