EzzyBills User Guide
- Show All Articles ( 9 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
06. Job & Category Tracking for MYOB
Four Methods of Job & Category Tracking for MYOB:
- User to set tracking data at the time of approval.
- For an invoice being processed in EzzyBills, if there is a matching Order in your MYOB account, we will copy the job data from the Order to the bill. Find out more
- The job tracking is inferred from data on your invoice files. (Section II and III below)
- Users to set a default Tracking in EzzyBills Settings to override all other data.
I. Set tracking at time of approval
- You can enter job name or job number (for category, “Category name”, or “Category ID”); either job or category, not both.
- Note that it is case sensitive
- Do not use MYOB “header” jobs – not allowed by MYOB
II. Infer Tracking data from your MYOB invoice history
In this example, we are processing invoices from Bidwest. The Customer Number on the invoice is unique to each MYOB job. Therefore, we can establish 1-to-1 relationship between the customer number and job.
1. First, change EzzyBills Settings to tell EzzyBills to extract Customer Number from the invoices.
- Go to Settings > Advanced Options > Tracking Keywords. Enter “Customer Number” in the Tracking Keywords. You can put in multiple keywords separated by comma for different supplier invoices. Click Save Settings.)
2. Upload a test invoice – the Customer Number will be extracted from the invoice (in this case 227359)
The Customer Number is then saved in the Journal Memo as Account = 227359;
3. Edit the test invoice in MYOB and set the Job number manually.
MYOB now contains a link between the JOB number and the Customer Number.
4. Click “Refresh GL” in EzzyBills Settings
(to pass this invoice linkage immediately to EzzyBills; otherwise, it will be done weekly) .
5. Now upload a new invoice with Customer Number 227539, we will export the invoice and set the Job number for you.
6. Repeat the step 2 and 3 for each pair of data association, such as 227357 – NSW1, 227358 – NSW2, ….
- All lines in an invoice will have the same tracking data.
- In the above example, “Customer Number” is used for job tracking; it could be other numbers such as “Job Number”, or “Reference Number”.
- To help EzzyBills extract the correct number for job tracking, you can set the Tracking Keywords in EzzyBills Settings, under Advanced Options (as shown above). Multiple keywords are separated by comma.
III. Use workflow to upload tracking data pair
In the example above, it is time consuming to establish invoice history. To speed up, you can use workflow task “set tracking”. Follow the instruction on Section I of this link.