EzzyBills User Guide
- Show All Articles ( 9 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
Purchase order number extraction
I. Disable PO number extraction (default setting)
Go to Settings > Advanced Options, use two settings below to disable PO number extraction
II. Change Settings to extract PO number
Go to Settings > Advanced Options, use either of the two below:
1) Untick “Override Purchase Order Keywords”. We will extract the PO number based on our list of keywords.
2) Keep “Override Purchase Order Keywords” ticked, and you supply a list of unique keywords (comma separated) based on your supplier invoices, prepending with “+” to include default keywords.
Note: 1) use “+” only once, at the beginning. 2) do not need to include colon “:” in the keyword. 3) If the keyword and PO number has no space on the invoice, add ‘|’ before and after keyword.
With either setting above, when an invoice is processed by EzzyBills, the purchase order (PO) number is extracted if available.
II. Export bill to Xero, with PO number in “Reference”
The PO number is then stored in Xero in the “Reference” field. This field contains both invoice number and purchase order number, separated by a pipe (|). See screenshot below. In the reference field for this invoice, the second number 1438 is the PO number.
PO numbers are extracted based on a combination of keywords and your accounting software invoice history.
If the correct PO numbers are not extracted for some invoices, you may need to do the following:
- Correct it and save it in your accounting software (then click Refresh/Learn button in EzzyBills Settings).
- If the PO number is next to a keyword on the invoice, you should add this keyword in EzzyBills Settings (under Advanced Options, tick “Override Purchase Keywords”, then type in a new one in the “Purchase Order Keywords” text box, prepending with “+” to include default keywords. Use comma to separate multiple keywords). Click “Save Settings”.
- If both does not fix the issue, email to email@example.com (reference the DocID of the bill you uploaded) and we will add a learning rule to custom the extraction.