Browse all questions and answers
Features and Support of EzzyBills
Generally, we export to your accounting software
- Bills, spent money, and sale invoices and associated invoice files as attachment (and processing notes in case you use our approval process.
- (To some accounting software, we export) purchase order.
- New suppliers and customers (extracted from your invoices) contact data
EzzyBills adheres to its best practice data back-up regime and accounting industries’ best practices in record keeping for a minimum of seven years. Find out more on Terms & Conditions.
They can be scanned images, PDF files, emails (attachment, in-body, hyperlinks), or photo snaps. Or csv files, Excel, or Words.
By default all invoices and receipts will be exported to Xero as draft bills. EzzyBills settings, Exported Status, can be modified to choose “Awaiting Approval” or “Approved – Waiting for Payment”.
The short answer is
- Email to ###.firstname.lastname@example.org, where ###@ezzybills.com is your normal EzzyBills upload email address.
It is the best to click this link to find out more, including customer identification: more on sale invoices processing
If you need us to hold the invoices in EzzyBills and wait for your approval before sending them to your accounting software, you can do so by turn on the EzzyBills Settings – Enable Approval Workflow.
EzzyBills support multiple-level approval and approval rule settings. Find more the approval options – what is the most suitable approval method/option for you).
For businesses not registered for GST/VAT, there is an option of use zero GST/VAT rate for all transactions regardless what are stated on the invoice.
“Convert Invoice to Tax Free” is an EzzyBills Setting, under Advanced Options. If it is ticked, we will export all bills and expenses to your accounting software as Tax Free. The invoice total will include the tax (but with tax code as tax free).
This option is available for both Xero and QuickBooks Online users.
Tips, tricks and best practices
Keep your contact update in your accounting software
EzzyBills is very accurate in finding the correct suppliers for you, matching the correct one in your accounting software, with accuracy over 95% of the time.
To ensure EzzyBills get suppliers right for nearly 100% of the time, please follow the best practices below.
- Keep “Contact” data up to date in your accounting software for suppliers, with 1) a correct business number (ABN, GST, or VAT), and 2) for some cases, phone number, email address or bank account number etc.
- Provide My ABN/GST/VAT number and/or My Company Name in EzzyBills user settings (so that your business will not be chosen as an supplier). Click Save Settings afterwards.
- Take advantage of EzzyBills automatic learning (which is done once a week, based the changes you made in your accounting software).
How to diagnose and fix the issue?
1) If there is an business number on the invoice file, go to your accounting software
- find the wrong supplier that was used, and ensure the business number is correctly set (not using the business number for another supplier).
- find the correct supplier that should be used, to make sure the business number is correctly set too.
2) If there is not a business number on the invoice,
- make sure the supplier in your accounting software has more details to give EzzyBills more data to find a perfect match.
- in EzzyBills Settings, you click “Refresh/Learn” before processing more invoices from the same supplier.
3) For issues that persist, email to email@example.com with the DocID number for the invoice. Our support team will sort it out for you, always.
GL codes vary by company. We use your suppliers’ data and invoice history in your accounting software to determine GL account codes .
To have GL codes automated, you shall in your accounting software
- keep suppliers’ contact data up to date,
- include a business and phone number for each supplier (to ensure the uniqueness)
- provide a default GL account for purchase details, and
- correct the GL code if it is wrong on an invoice – it will be right next time when similar invoices are processed (EzzyBills learning process will kick in).
We use your suppliers’ data and invoice history in your accounting software to help find the correct invoice numbers. The success rate is extremely high. If, in a rare case, the invoice number is not extracted correctly, you shall
- Correct this number in your accounting software and save. EzzyBills automatic learning may generate a rule to fix the issues for the future. Find out more
- If the above step does not solve the issue, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the DocID number of the invoice. We will resolve the issue for you.
With correct settings in EzzyBills, we will extract the PO number from the invoice. If you do not want to the PO numbers to be extracted, you can force EzzyBills not to extract it. Find out more
- PO number is used to match bills with PO in your accounting software and automatically receipt the PO.
- We also use it to obtain other information from the PO, such as supplier name and account codes.
- For bills to Xero, we put the PO number in the “Reference” box behind the invoice number (invoice# | PO #).
If the PO number is not extracted, you can modify EzzyBills settings for Purchase Order Keywords to include more keywords, or email email@example.com for help.
EzzyBills uses sophisticated algorithm to work out the invoice data, and the success rate is extremely high.
If, in a rare case, the invoice date is not extracted correctly, you shall
- email firstname.lastname@example.org with the invoice DocID number (which is a 7-digit or 8-digit unique number) . We will resolve the issue for you.
EzzyBills determines the invoice due date using
- 1) the invoice date and
- 2) the payment term that you set for the supplier in your accounting software,
If the invoice due date is set incorrectly, please go to your accounting software
- Edit the payment term for the supplier. We will then use it in the future.
With the default settings (where “Invoice Header Only” is not ticket), EzzyBills will try to extract invoice line details.
If the line details are not extracted correctly – the bill exported to your accounting software with lines collapsed
- please email email@example.com with the DocID number of the invoice. We will resolve it for you.
FYI, the line details may not be extracted for following reasons: Mixed GST codes cannot be determined on the line levels; Line totals do not add up to the invoice total (some mistakes within the invoice data); or Invoice format is very unusual and lines are not read.
EzzyBills gives each invoice a unique 7-digit or 8-digit number, which is called DocID.
If you login to EzzyBills, you will see DocID on each invoice tile; or click Search/Approve, DocID will appear on each search result.
Or if you are in your accounting software,
- For Xero users, it is on the name of invoice file attached to the bill we export to Xero; it is on the invoice URL.
- For MYOB users, the number is provided in the Memo field; it is also on the invoice URL.
- For QuickBooks users, the number is provided in the Memo field.
To get item codes extracted and match correctly with item codes in your accounting software, you will need to
- ensure the following EzzyBills setting is turned on: Allow Stock Invoices.
- check our user guide for the specific Accounting Software you are using – regarding “stock invoices” or “item invoices”.
If have still trouble, email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the invoice DocID number , and a screenshot of the bill exported to your accounting software
Xero Specific Q&A
By default all invoices and receipts will be exported to Xero as a draft in the “Draft” folder.
In EzzyBills Settings, Exported Status can be modified to “Awaiting Approval” or “Approved – Waiting for Payment” as well.
EzzyBills supports upload of sale invoices with a Xero import file. A Xero import file is a csv file (containing comma separated values) that Xero allows you to import. The csv file may be generated when you use third party sale software. Each file contains data of sale invoices. more
- Login into your Xero account, click Settings and click “Disconnect from Xero“.
- Clicking the EzzyBills top menu to go back to the main window. Click the browser refresh button if you do not see the Connect to Xero buttton.
- Click “Connect to Xero” button to authorise a connection to another Xero company.
- Click the “Refresh GL” button in EzzyBills User Settings (so the cache gets cleared).
Yes. EzzyBills will use your Xero Organization’s default currency. For a supplier of a different currency, please set the currency for this supplier in Xero Contact. Then EzzyBills will use this currency when processing this supplier’s invoices to Xero as bills. Find out more
QuickBooks Specific Q&A
If you have a QuickBooks Online account that does not support bills (such as QuickBooks Online Simple Start), you will not be able to upload bills via EzzyBills. When you try to upload an invoice inside your EzzyBills account or send to your EzzyBills email address, you will get an error. The solution is to process them as Expense Receipts (i.e. Spend Money transactions). Find out more
Your EzzyBills Account
Make sure your user name is correct:
- it shall not contain @ezzybills.com as it is not your upload email address.
- it is generally not your email address either.
If you forget EzzyBills password,
- you can reset it at the login window, by click “Forgot password”. You will be asked to enter your user name and then click “Reset Password.” We will send you an email with the new password. We recommend you to change this password once you have it (click Settings, scroll to near the bottom, click “Change Password“. Enter the old one and the new one. Click Save Settings.).
- If you do not get any email, maybe you forgot which email address you provided to EzzyBills. Send an email to email@example.com, we will let you know.
Not sure at all about username and password
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us.
Login EzzyBills, click Settings, scroll to near the bottom, click “Change Password“. Put in the old password, and then the new password. Click Save Settings.
Your email address on the sign-up form is used for communication between EzzyBills and you. You can view and modify it in EzzyBills Settings, under “Advanced Options“, for text box “Your Notification Email“. Click Save Settings.
Your email can not be used as user name for login.
You cannot do it by yourself. Email to email@example.com with the details and we will help you.
Login EzzyBills, click Settings, then Subscription. Click “Show Usage” to see quota usage, or “Purchase History“.
To get a copy of the tax invoice for your subscription: Login EzzyBills, click Settings; Click Subscription, then “Purchase History“. Click blue link “E-mail me my invoices”. All past invoices will be sent to your notification email in a zip file. Unzip or extraction files, you will see individual invoices in PDF file format.
Login EzzyBills, click the top menu “Buy“. You will have options to pay via credit card, or PayPal.
- Choose a plan and click Pay With Card. Fill the detail of your credit card and pay. Or
- scroll down the page bottom, and click the link “or pay with Paypal‘. You will also option to pay by Credit Card or Paypal (via PayPal payment gateway).
A subscription will expire after one year, or when your quota is used up (whichever comes first).
When you renew or purchase another subscription, the new subscription period restarts – from the new date of purchase.
If you want to switch from a single plan to an Enterprise Plan, email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
The payment gateways above are Stripe and PayPal. EzzyBills does not hold your credit cards or PayPal data at all.
Login EzzyBills, click the button Settings on the top. Click Subscription to expand, and then click Cancel Billing.
Once the auto-renewal is cancelled, when your quota is used up, or one year period is reached, we will email you a notification. You can then manually renew. Please note that
1) Purchase using Stripe using credit card will have the automatic renewal feature.
2) Purchase using PayPal payment gateway does not have automatic renewal feature.
Generally no, your account will become inactive after it has passed the expiry date for the trial and no subscription is purchased. Please make sure you delete all invoices that are waiting to be processed – otherwise, EzzyBills will continue trying to process them and send you weekly status emails. For UK customers, we will delete your account if you send us a special explicit request. More on Terms & Conditions.
EzzyBills collects the minimal amount of personal data from You, for the sole purpose of performing document processing services to You. The data we collect include user name, password, your email, phone number and the invoices you submitted for us to process.
We also collect the minimum data from your accounting software that you authorized EzzyBills to connect to (only those relevant to invoice processing):
– Contact List (we use the data to find the matching supplier/customer for your invoices)
– Recent invoice data (we use the data for EzzyBills machine learning to find the most suitable GL codes, invoice numbers, job tracking etc.)
– GL account codes (for GL codes auto-allocation on the invoices).
– Your organisation data (to extract ABN number of your company if it is there, so that we prevent your company from being used as a supplier)
Find out more on Terms & Conditions.
Login to your EzzyBills account, click Settings, click Subscription to expand, and click Update Card. Follow the prompt to enter a new credit card details, which will be updated on Stripe.
(Please note that this is only relevant to customers that paid EzzyBills subscription previously via Stripe, with Automatic Billing Active. )
Past Support Questions
Please email to email@example.com, with a DocID number of the invoice.