If expenses are paid from your company credit card or bank account, you can process these to MYOB as
- Purchases (in the folder of Open Bill) – this is the default behavior of EzzyBills, or
- Spend Money transactions, posted to a bank account in MYOB.
With automatic bank feeds, both ways are equally convenient. Which one to use is your personal preference.
You can create spend money transactions in two ways:
- By sending the receipts to a unique EzzyBills email address with an alias (see Step 3 below)
- Using the EzzyBills mobile app with Alias in Settings (see Step 4 below)
Follow steps below
Step 1: Set up the bank account in MYOB (which can be a business credit card or a bank account) if it has not been done.
- Make sure you have put the bank/credit card account number in under Banking -> Bank Account Number. See screenshot below.
EzzyBills will use the last 4 digits of the Bank Account Number.
Step 2: Add Approver in EzzyBills
Login EzzyBills, click Settings and scroll down to List of Approvers. Click +Add Approver. Please type in
- Name (which shall be a short name for the account),
- Approver Email
- Last four digits of the bank account number set up in MYOB.
Click Save Changes and it will generate an upload email address for you in the last column.
In this example screenshot below,
- it is email@example.com, where firstname.lastname@example.org is a normal upload email.
- Bypass Approval is ticked. This means that no approval email will be sent to the approver; the expense will be exported directly to MYOB.
- You can choose to leave Bypass Approval un-ticked – which means an approval email will sent. Only after an expense is approved, then it is exported to MYOB.
Step 3: Process Spend Money Transaction via Upload Email
- Compose a new email and add this receipt as an attachment. Send the email to the email address generated in step 2.
- Or, If receipts are received via email (either as in-body receipt or attachment), simply forward it to ####.email@example.com (####@ezzybills.com is your upload email, and yyyy is the extension, such as nab in the example above).
(in the example screenshot above, the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, where email@example.com is a normal upload email address)
- After sending the email, EzzyBills will process it immediately and export it to your MYOB account as Spend Money transactions, against the associated bank account in MYOB (see screenshot in Step 5).
Step 4: Process Spend Money Transactions via App
- Download the EzzyBills app from the App store. Login to the app using the same login as your EzzyBills account.
- Select the Gear Box in the top right-hand corner. Then under Alias Name you will add the same name you set in the List of Approvers (Step 2).
- After the initial setup above, simply click Scan Now to receipts and they will be automatically processed as Spend Money transaction.
Please note that
- In the Settings for the mobile app, if you do not specify Alias, receipts will be exported to MYOB as Open Bills.
- If the Alias is specified and it is associated with a bank/credit card (as shown in Step 2) , receipts will be exported to MYOB as Spend Money transactions as shown in Step 5.
Step 5: (you do not need to do anything) If you have finished the steps above, EzzyBills automatically processes the receipts into MYOB as “Spend Money” posted to a bank account.
- In MYOB, the Spend Money transaction appears under Banking -> Spend Money -> Pay from Account (choose the correct bank account from the drop down list) -> Register
- or Banking -> Bank Register
- Click a transaction to open. You will see the data exported by EzzyBills.
- The original receipt file will be stored in EzzyBills, with DocID number exported to MYOB in the Memo field. Additionally,
- we can send the receipt file to MYOB InTray. Please follow the link here to add this function.