Item invoices (or stock invoices) are invoices that have “item number” and quantities, for inventory management.
EzzyBills supports item invoices.
To use it,
- login to EzzyBills, click Settings, then click to turn on the setting “Allow Stock Invoices“. Click Save Settings.
1. How does it work?
When an invoice is uploaded to EzzyBills and item codes are extracted (regardless of the setting), then,
- If the item code of the first line exists in your MYOB account, we will export this invoice into MYOB as an item invoice, with “Item Num” field filled automatically. If subsequent item codes don’t exist then the export fails with a “Item code does Not Exist” error. You will need to manually add them in MYOB, and afterwards click “Refresh” button in your internet explorer to reprocess the invoice.
- In addition to item code matching (exact match), we have added description fuzzy matching. This is useful in case that your item codes are different from the supplier’s item codes. If we find a match, we consider the item code exists.
2. Use Default Item Code or create new Items for you in MYOB
- if the default item code is set in EzzyBill Settings (under Advanced Options), and the default item code exists in MYOB, then we will export it as item invoice (with all item codes set to the Default Item Code. You will need to make sure the default item code exist in your MYOB account. If not, add it before using it.
- If the default item code is set to be AUTO, item codes, if not exist in MYOB, will be created by EzzyBills and export to MYOB.
3. Supplier Purchase Layout in MYOB
We also check the Purchase Layout of the supplier in your MYOB account. If it is set to be “Item”, invoices to this supplier will be exported as item invoices. If no item codes, default item code set in the EzzyBills Settings (and in the MYOB list) will be used.
For example for NOLAN, if you set the Purchase Layout to “Item” (in Buying Details)
The bill from NOLAN will be exported like (note*: you need to set a Default Item Code in EzzyBills, and add this code in MYOB item list)
4. Matching Purchase Order in MYOB
With certain EzzyBills settings, purchase order number is extracted from the invoice, We will look for this purchase order in your MYOB account. If the purchase order has an “item” layout, we will export the bill as an item invoice.
We will use amount and quantity to find the line matching – if we could not find the matching line on the PO, we will try to create a new item line. If 1)item number is not in your MYOB and 2)there is no “Default Item Code” set as in Section 2, an error may be encountered: ‘[item-code-on invoice]’ is Not a valid Item Code (you need to add to MYOB).