Step 1: Setup an EzzyBills trial account
Go to www.ezzybills.com and click Try EzzyBills for free; Follow the prompt to set up a user account – make sure choose Integrate With simPRO.
Step 2: Create an API application in your simPRO
Login to your simPRO. In System > Setup > API, click Create Application. Enter “EzzyBills” as the Company and Name, and set Grant Type to “API Key”.
Click the down arrow under the field Key File to download the key to a file. The file will look like the screenshot below. Copy the access_token and paste in Step 3 as the simPRO key.
The simPRO host name is whatever appears in your url when you login to simPRO. For example, the host name is “Billsbikes” if the url is https://billsbikes.simprosuite.com/.
For more details on simPro API setup, visit https://developer.simprogroup.com/apidoc/
Step 3: Edit EzzyBills Settings
- Login to EzzyBills, click Settings. Add the simPRO Host and simPRO Key (which are generated in simPRO in Step 2).
- Also add the Company Name if your simPRO account has multiple companies..
- Click Save Settings. Now you have set up the connection between simPRO and EzzyBills.
Please note that in simPRO, for multi-company account, the company names will show up on Front page (screenshot below)
- Check the following EzzyBills Setting – Allow Stock Invoices. If it is not on, click to turn it on. (then click Save Settings)
- Click Advanced Options, and check the following EzzyBills Settings for PO number extraction. Both of below settings are suitable.
1) PO numbers will be extracted based on EzzyBills’ list of keywords
2) PO numbers will be extracted based on your list of keywords (comma separated based on your supplier invoices).
Step 4: Import bills into simPRO
Now the connection is all set. You can start to upload bills to EzzyBills (via file upload, or email, or EzzyBills phone app). EzzyBills will then export the bills into simPRO.
NOTE: to upload a purchase order to simPRO, you must send the PO attached to an email to [your EzzyBills email username].email@example.com e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
Your EzzyBills email username can be found at the top of the home page of EzzyBills:
To upload a bill to simPRO, simply email/drag-and-drop/upload your bill to EzzyBills as you would normally.
Requirements of the bills:
- The Purchase Order for the bill must exist in simPRO (note: make sure you disable PO override)
- The item on the bills must exist in the simPRO catalog (or default item code is set to AUTO)
- Service invoice will not get processed into simPRO