EzzyBills Integration with simPRO
What does EzzyBills do for simPRO users?
- Eliminate the data entry by using EzzyBills to import supplier invoices into simPRO
- Create a PO order in simPRO (from the order emailed to #.firstname.lastname@example.org – see details in 2.1 below)
- EzzyBills can fill your empty purchase orders with invoice line details.
- Automate the process of matching invoices with purchase orders
- Create a PO order for a job in simPRO and receipt the PO (see section 3: Case 4)
- You will have the option of using EzzyBills Approval process to approve bills before getting paid.
Watch webinar recording:
1. Connect EzzyBills to simPRO
2. Import Order & Supplier Invoices into simPRO via EzzyBills
After the connection is all set, you can start to upload bills to EzzyBills (via file upload, or email, or EzzyBills phone app). EzzyBills will then export the bills into simPRO.
2.1 To upload a purchase order to simPRO, you must send the PO attached to an email to [your EzzyBills email username].email@example.com e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
Your EzzyBills email username can be found at the top of the home page of EzzyBills:
2.2 To upload a bill to simPRO, simply email/drag-and-drop/upload your bill to EzzyBills as you would normally.
Requirements of the bills:
- The Purchase Order for the bill must exist in simPRO (note: make sure you disable PO override)
- The item on the bills must exist in the simPRO catalog (or default item code is set to AUTO)
- Service invoice will not get processed into simPRO
3. Case Studies of Process Supplier Invoices to simPRO
When a bill is uploaded into EzzyBills we will extract the PO number from the bill, then match the PO number with an order in simPRO. If the PO number does NOT exist in simPRO or the PO number has already been closed (i.e., fully billed) then we will just store the bill (we won’t process)
There is one other EzzyBills setting that affects behaviour, and this is the Default Item Code in Advanced Options. If this value is set o AUTO, and the item code on bill does no exist in simPRO then EzzyBills will create it.
Ezzybills will now export the bill to simPRO. There are 3 common cases, before the bill is uploaded to EzzyBills
- The PO has been created in simPRO, but no lines were added to the PO
- The PO has been created in simPRO, with lines.
- The PO is a Description PO in simPRO (no item codes, no lines)
Case 1: Fill empty PO with items on the invoices.
- EzzyBills will fill the PO with all the lines on the bill (creating the item codes if they are missing and the default item code=”AUTO”).
- EzzyBills will then receipt in all the bill lines. The bill is attached to the receipt in simPRO. The PO will stay open.
- You can upload more bills associated with the same PO. The steps 1 and 2 above will repeat. (Tip: for this to work, when you create a new PO number in simPRO, make sure to untick this option on the top right corner – Status: Auto Adjust.)
- (Eventually, with PO status: Auto Adjust off, the PO will be closed manually by you.)
Video: Fill/receipt an empty Purchase Order in simPRO (2 minutes)
Case 2: Receipt PO lines with items on the invoices.
- The bill will get matched against the PO.
- If the item on the bill does NOT exist on the PO then we will return an error (item does not exist on PO).
- If the item does exist on the PO then the receipt will get created.
If the received quantity matches the PO, the PO will automatically get closed. If the received quantity does not match the PO then the PO will stay open.
If there are multiple bills for a single PO then you can load all bills in and the PO will automatically close once the PO quantity matches he bill quantity.
Case 3: Receipt a “Description PO” with an invoice
A “Description PO” in simPRO does not have line details (no item codes are assigned).
If you upload a purchase invoice to EzzyBills, we will find the PO number on the invoice. EzzyBills will check simPRO to see if the PO is a Catalog PO or a Description PO. If the matching PO in your simPRO is a Description PO:
- EzzyBills will receipt in the bill to the PO as a “Description” Receipt: the invoice header details (such as invoice number, total and date) will get imported to simPRO, and the description from the PO will get copied over.
Note: currently, simPRO only allows one receipt for each “Description PO” (multiple receipts are not supported)
Case 4: Job Cost workflow for simPRO users
You will need to follow the link below to create a separate workflow for job costing. After it is set up, you will be able to email your receipts/invoices to EzzyBills with a special email address to access this workflow. Then you will assign the job in EzzyBills. EzzyBills will then create a PO allocated to the job and receipt the PO.
What if the PO does not existing in simPRO yet?
- or (the invoice contains an incorrect PO number) or (there is no PO number on the invoice) or (the PO number is not extracted)
You will see an error message (as shown in the screenshot below). You will get email notification as well.
- Please follow the link here to rectify the issue. Then we will continue to process the document.
Video: EzzyBills + Simpro: EzzyBills Check PO Workflow and How to best use EzzyBills (8 minutes)
4. Process Delivery Receipts to simPRO
EzzyBills also supports the processing delivery receipts to simPRO – find out more here
5. EzzyBills expense approval for simPRO
In addition, there is a special approval case for simPRO: Automatically Allocate Job Manager to Approve an Invoice.
Tips and tricks
- When create a new PO number, it is best to untick
EzzyBills also integrate with many accounting software: Xero, QuickBooks, MYOB, NetSuite.