Stock invoices or item invoices are invoices that have “item” codes. In QuickBooks, the term “Product/Service” is used. With the “Product/Service” code, QuickBooks manages
- non-inventory product/service, or
- inventory product/service.
EzzyBills supports the Product/Service invoices in QuickBooks, which include Product/Service code, quantity and unit price.
To use it,
- login to EzzyBills, click Settings, then click to turn on the setting “Allow Stock Invoices“. Click Save Settings.
How does it work?
With “Allow Stock Invoices” ticked and saved, when an invoice is sent to EzzyBills for processing, we extract the “item code” and “description” for each line of the invoice. We use “item code” or “description” to find matching product/service code in your QuickBooks.
- If the item code on the invoice file exists in your QuickBooks, we will export this item code into your QuickBooks in the column Product/Service, with QTY.
- If the item code on the invoice file does not exist in your QuickBooks Product/Service codes, we will look for a matching one in your QuickBooks based on the description – namely “fuzzy item code” . If the fuzzy item code is found, we will export the line to your QuickBooks with item details, with quantity; otherwise, the line will be exported to QuickBooks Online without item details.
For any new item code, you will need to add the item code in your QuickBooks. EzzyBills does not create new item codes in your QuickBooks.
(Screenshot 1 below is to demonstrate that item codes are exported to QuickBooks Online.)
(Screenshot 2 below is to demonstrate that: when one item code on the invoice has no matching one in QuickBooks, and other two do. So, mixed invoice lines are exported to QuickBooks.)