Stock invoices or item invoices are invoices that have “item” codes. In QuickBooks, the term “Product/Service” is used. With the “Product/Service” code, QuickBooks manages
- non-inventory product/service, or
- inventory product/service.
EzzyBills supports the Product/Service invoices in QuickBooks, which include Product/Service code, quantity and unit price.
Turn on item codes extraction in EzzyBills
- login to EzzyBills, click Settings and go to “Advanced Options”, then click to turn on the setting “Allow Stock Invoices“. Click Save Settings.
How does it work?
With “Allow Stock Invoices” ticked and saved, when an invoice is sent to EzzyBills for processing, we extract the “item code” and “description” for each line of the invoice. We use “item code” or “description” to find matching product/service code in your QuickBooks.
- If the item code on the invoice file exists in your QuickBooks, we will export this item code into your QuickBooks in the column Product/Service, with QTY.
- If the item code on the invoice file does not exist in your QuickBooks Product/Service codes, we will look for a matching one in your QuickBooks based on the description – namely “fuzzy item code” . If the fuzzy item code is found, we will export the line to your QuickBooks with item details, with quantity; otherwise, the line will be exported to QuickBooks Online without item details (in the Category section).
(Screenshot 1 below is to demonstrate that item codes are exported to QuickBooks Online.)
(Screenshot 2 below is to demonstrate that: when one item code on the invoice has no matching one in QuickBooks, and other two do. So, mixed invoice lines are exported to QuickBooks.)
“Default Item code” setting:
- if the default item code is set in EzzyBills Settings (under Advanced Options), and the default item code exists in QuickBooks, then we will export it as item invoice with this item code (with all item codes set to the Default Item Code – ignoring item codes on the invoice – skipping the item description matching). You will need to make sure the default item code exist in your QuickBooks account. If not, add it before using it.
- Please note in the the “Default item code” setting above, use the “SKU” code for this Product/Service in QuickBooks. If the SKU is not specified, use the “Name”.
(Below is a screenshot for an item code in QuickBooks without an SKU. Use the name instead.)
- If the default item code is set to be “AUTO”, we will use the item codes on the invoice. If any of them do not exist in your QuickBooks, they will be created by EzzyBills in your QuickBooks.
- If the “Default item code” setting is empty in EzzyBills, EzzyBills does not create new item codes in your QuickBooks. It means that, for any new item code, you will need to add the item code in your QuickBooks before upload the invoice. Then click “Refresh/Learn” in EzzyBills Settings so EzzyBills will have this new item code immediately.