If expenses are paid from your company credit card or bank account, you can process these as Expense Receipts (i.e. Spend Money transactions) to QuickBooks, rather than as Bills.
This guide explains what you will need to do inside your QuickBooks account and EzzyBills account to process spend money transactions.
You can create spend money transaction in two ways:
- By sending the receipts to a unique EzzyBills email address with an alias (see Step 3 below)
- Using the EzzyBills mobile app (need to edit the Settings to specify the Alias)
Follow steps below
Step 1: Connect Business Credit Card or a bank account to QuickBooks and ensure the Number field is specified (skip to step 2 if already done).
Firstly, you will want to ensure your business credit card is set up in your QuickBooks account. To check, log in QuickBooks and select Accounting > Chart of Accounts.
If bank account or credit card is not already listed in your Chart of Accounts, select New. Otherwise, edit the card details to ensure it has a number specified.
- Under Account Type and Detail Type, select Credit Card if it is a credit card. Enter your credit card account number. It should look like the screenshot below. Once you have entered these details, select Save and Close.
- Note: If you do not see the option to enter card number, you will need to go to Settings > Account and Settings > Advanced > Chart of Accounts > Enable Account Numbers.
Step 2: Add Approver in EzzyBills
Login to EzzyBills, click Settings and go to Approval & Expenses, then scroll down to List of Approvers. In here, you will want to add an approver and ensure you add the last four digits of the credit card account number connected to QuickBooks. Click Save Changes and it will generate an upload email address for you.
(In this example screenshot below, it is firstname.lastname@example.org, where email@example.com is a normal upload email.)
(In this example screenshot below,
- Bypass Approval is ticked. This means that no approval email will be sent to the approver; the expense will be exported directly to QuickBooks.
- You can choose to leave Bypass Approval unticked – which means an approval email will be sent. Only after an expense is approved, then it is exported to QuickBooks.)
Step 3: Process Spend Money Transactions via Upload Email
- Compose a new email and add your bill as an attachment. Send the email to the email address generated in step 2
- If receipts are received via email, simply forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com is your upload email, and yyyy is the extension, such as nab in the example above).
(in the example screenshot above, the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, where email@example.com is a normal upload email address)
- Within seconds of sending the email, EzzyBills will process it and export it to your QuickBooks account. You will find it under Expenses, not as bills, rather as Expense Receipt. See screenshot below.
Step 4: Process Spend Money Transactions via App
If you have paper receipts you would like to scan and export to QuickBooks, you can use the EzzyBills mobile app.
Download the EzzyBills app from the App store. Login to the app using the same login as your EzzyBills account. Select the Gear Box in the top right-hand corner. Then under Alias Name you will add the same name you set in the List of Approvers (Step 2).
- Within seconds of sending the email, EzzyBills will process it and export it to your QuickBooks account. You will find it under Expenses, not as bills, but as Expense Receipt. See screenshot below.