QuickBooks Simple Start subscription does not support bills. To get around this, you will need to process everything (bills and receipts) as Expense Receipts against a bank or credit card account.
To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Login to QuickBooks. Go to Settings > Account and Settings > Advanced > Chart of Accounts > Enable Account Numbers (if you have not done so previously).
2. Set up a credit card or bank account. In here, you put in the bank account or credit card number in the field of “Number“, not in Description.
3. login to EzzyBills, click Settings, then in the List of Approvers, create a new one for this card. (more)
- You have the option of tick “Bypass Approval”.
- My expenses is for employee expense claim. So do not tick it.
- The upload email address is the email address that you will need to use to upload invoices/receipts.
- You can not manually upload document – as EzzyBills will try to export it as a bill, with errors.
- You cannot use the normal EzzyBills upload email address – as EzzyBills will try to export it as a bill, with errors.
- If you use EzzyBills Phone App, you will need to put the Name (in the example below, it is “nab”) in the Setting for the phone app, in the field of Alias.