QuickBooks Online does not have folders in the Expense area. Below is a great way to organise transactions under the QuickBooks Expense tab:
- use the MEMO field, and
- the filter and sort ability in QuickBooks.
Enable MEMO field in QuickBooks display
- In QuickBooks Expense, you can filter and sort the transactions there. Practically the only way to organise the expense tab.
- You can add additional field, MEMO, as a display column (screenshot below, top right corner – gear icon).
- Currently EzzyBills put DocID in the MEMO field (screenshot below)
Enter special letter(s) in MEMO to indicate Status
- When you review a bill in QuickBooks, type in letter “X” in the memo field when it is done. (You can put “A” for approved, or “R” for reviewed. Whatever you like – but be consistent.)
Put letter(s) Suffix in QuickBooks Supplier data
- For those suppliers, for which EzzyBills always get the data correctly and no review is required, you can put “X” in the supplier data, we will be able to put it in the Memo field automatically.
- Next time, in QuickBooks Expense, you sort the transactions by Memo (perhaps also filter by dates), you won’t need to review anything with a “X”.