If you upload a Bill to EzzyBills, and there is an associated Purchase Order for this Bill, then EzzyBills will process the Bill to QuickBooks Online, and then mark the associated Purchase Order as Closed.
EzzyBills Settings Requirement:
- For a new EzzyBills, with the default Settings (Settings -> Advanced Options), PO number will not be extracted from the invoice. No PO matching will be done.
- In order for automatic matching PO to work, you need to modify the Settings -> Advanced Options (Save Settings afterwards). You can have either of the following two Settings.
1) PO numbers will be extracted based on EzzyBills’ list of keywords.
2) PO numbers will be extracted based on your list of keywords (comma separated based on your supplier invoices).
How does this feature work (details)
When an invoice is uploaded into EzzyBills, and there is a corresponding purchase order in QuickBooks (same supplier, and same order number), then
1. If the amounts on the invoice and the PO match, with some tolerance in difference (30%),
- the status PO in QuickBooks will get changed to Closed from Open;
- the new Bill will get imported into QuickBooks.
2. If the amounts do not match (the difference is more than the percentage difference cutoff value), the new Bill will get imported into QuickBooks, and
- (by default) assume that the PO is only partially ‘Receipted’, so leave the PO state unchanged.
For example, I have a purchase order no 45678 in QuickBooks.
I now upload a matching invoice for this PO.
The amount on the invoice matches that on the PO, the new Bill gets imported into QuickBooks.
And the PO changes status to “Closed”.
Find out more
Purchase Order Extraction: how to customise the extraction