Welcome to the
EzzyBills user guide for QuickBooks Online!
- Get started – Connect EzzyBills to your QuickBooks account, and upload bills and receipts
- Credit Notes (same for Xero)
- Set up sale invoices processing (same for Xero)
- Approval (same for Xero)
- Set up item codes extraction for inventory management (for bills only so far).
- Processing receipts as Expense Receipts (i.e. as Spend Money transactions, not as bills)
- Employee Expense Claims with EzzyBills Phone App (same for Xero)
- Automatic Tracking of Class, Customer, and Location
- Disconnect (EzzyBills with a QuickBooks online account)
- Google Drive Integration (same for Xero)
If you have a QuickBooks Online account that does not support bills (such as QuickBooks Online Simple Start), you will not be able to upload bills via EzzyBills. When you try to upload an invoice inside your EzzyBills account or send to your EzzyBills email address, you will get an error. The solution is to process them as Expense Receipts (i.e. Spend Money transactions).
FAQ for QuickBooks Online Users
(Please also check out FAQ for All Users)
Q1. What does EzzyBills support for QuickBooks users at the moment (June 2019)
1) Locations: for Australia, UK, USA at the moment (we will add support to New Zealand soon).
2) Bills, expenses and sale invoices.
3) Item codes are supported (Newly supported, same for Xero, except for bills only ).
4) Job tracking (Class, Client, and Location) is supported.
Q2. How to get correct suppliers
Keep Suppliers’ data up to date in your QuickBooks Online account for suppliers, with
a) a correct ABN/VAT number (set for “Business ID No“)
b) bank details (set for “Account no”)
Provide My ABN in EzzyBills user settings (so that we will not identify your company as a supplier)
Q3. How to obtain correct GL codes
GL codes vary by company. We use your QuickBooks suppliers’ data and invoice history to determine GL codes (ie. “Account” column in QuickBooks). We will look into your QuickBooks history of expenses that have been paid only.
For the existing suppliers, we will
1. firstly look for description matching. If we find a good match within the last 3-month period, we will use the Account Code for the matched expenses.
2. If no matching description is found, we will use the most commonly used Account code within the last 3-month period.
3. If no results in step 2, we will use the Account Code that is lastly used for this supplier for all period.
For the new suppliers,
• we will we will use the most commonly used Account code within the last 3-month period.
To have GL codes automated, you shall, in QuickBooks, correct the GL code if it was exported incorrectly (most likely for a new supplier) – it will be right next time for similar invoices.
Q4. How to ensure correct invoice numbers get extracted
We use your QuickBooks suppliers’ data and invoice history to help find the correct invoice numbers. The success rate are generally very high. If a wrong invoice number is assigned, all you need to do is: correct this number in QuickBooks and save. EzzyBills will do it right next time for invoices from this supplier. You may need to click “Refresh GL” in the EzzyBills user settings if you want EzzyBills to see the change immediately.
Q5. How to change user setting?
To change, login to your EzzyBills account, and click “Settings“. The Settings will be open in a new window. Mouse over each setting and a text tip will be displayed for your information. Make changes if required. After making changes, make sure to click “Save Settings”.