Need help on any EzzyBills features, click the “Search” link on the top menu of our website:
Date: 19-Jan 2020
- Updates of simPRO integration with EzzyBills: including
- New default workflow with Conditional approval (when matching Purchase Order is not found in simPRO)
- A EzzyBills setting to allow new item codes to be created if not in your simPRO catalogue, which will include the trade price of the item.
Date: 31-Dec 2019
- Download History: you can now download invoice history via the web app. More
Date: 31-Dec 2019
- new EzzyBills Setting – Guess Item Code (Description Matching): you can now turn it off/on. Find it under the setting Allow Stock Invoices.
- When it is off, description matching is disabled and only exact item codes matching is used by EzzyBills.
Date: 30-Dec 2019
- support Spend Money transactions (for MYOB users): it is now available. More
Date: 29-Dec 2019
- Email Sync for Gmail users: it is now available. Watch Video Instruction
Date: 14-Dec 2019 Find out more
- Email Sync: you can now sync your Office 365 email to EzzyBills directly.
- To Sync: Login to your email, click the “Sync” link (in the Drag/Drag or Email box). You will have three options: Automatic, Manual, NO.
- For Manual, just drag and drop emails to the folder “EzzyBills” (which is created automatic after the step above).
- For Automatic, EzzyBills will process you “Inbox“: the bills processed will be moved to the folder “EzzyBills” in the sub-folder “Bills“, and statement to the sub-folder “Statements“
Date: 7-Dec 2019
- Batch Approval: if you enable a single level EzzyBills Approval (not via email), then this is for you.
- To use this: Login, click Approval/Search, then Batch Approval on the left panel. It is fast and efficient.
- You can approve up to 10 invoices in one go.
Date: 30-November 2019 More
- Sale invoice customer identification: we now add one additional method for sale invoice customer identification – from customer address block.
- To enable this, use “EXTRACT_FROM_ADDRESS” as the Customer Keywords in EzzyBills Settings (under Advanced Options). More
Date: 30-November 2019
- Foreign Invoices with Different Date Format: we now support supplier invoices with a foreign date format. For example, a UK business receives an invoice from a US supplier, with a date format in the form of mm/dd/yyyy.
- Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a DocID or a sample invoice, we will be able to add a learning to support this.
Date: 24-November 2019 More
- Match multiple bills to the sample PO in simPro: this feature is now supported for the PO in simPro no matter the PO is originally empty or not-empty.
- If the PO in simPRO is empty, we will keep inserting new items from the bills until the PO is manually closed.
- If the PO in simPRO is not empty, we will keep receipting items – when all items are receipted, it will close automatically.
Date: 23-November 2019 More
- Unit Price Adjustment: a new workflow task, Price Adjustment, is now available.
- It is used when a business buys from the supplier and sells immediately to a customer. So the supplier’s bill can be uploaded to EzzyBills, as a sale invoice. EzzyBills will create a sale invoice from the bill with a percentage markup.
- Email to email@example.com if you need this feature.
Date: 12-October 2019
- Set up a Statement Workflow for supplier’s statement: login EzzyBills via web, click Workflow. There you can choose a Statement Workflows, and STMT_RECONCILIATION. Then click “switch to this workflow”. More
- With this, If you upload a supplier statement in the same way as you upload invoices, we will process it, conducting statement reconciliation based on your data in your accounting software. If invoices are missing or prices are different, we will email you.
- Only for Xero users currently.
Date: 6-October 2019
- New EzzyBills Settings: login EzzyBills via web, click Settings, then Advanced Options, click E-mail me the EzzyBills Mobile HowTo just above the Mobile Passcode.
- Then we will email you a PDF file containing the instruction – you can forward this to a user (a client or a staff) of this account.
- Note: This instruction is for only one specific account, not a generic one for all accounts (as the QR code contained in the instruction is for one specific EzzyBills account).
Date: 2-October 2019
- New update of EzzyBills Android Phone App. High recommended, with new feature – support multi-page invoices (with a setting – turn this option on/off).
Date: 23-September 2019
- New update of EzzyBills iPhone App. High recommended, with bug fix and new feature – support multi-page invoices (with a setting to turn this option on/off).
- New update of EzzyBills Android Phone App. High recommended, with new feature – allow multiple aliases for the same user name (login multiple times – each then set with a different alias).
Date: 20-September 2019
- New option: for EzzyBills to email file attachment to MYOB In Tray automatically. When you upload a bill or receipt to EzzyBills, EzzyBills will send a copy of the file to your MYOB In Tray. You can then manually attach the file to the bill. Find out more
Date: 12-September 2019
- New feature: “sale invoice credit note” (i.e., “sale credits”) to Xero: Now when you process sale invoices to Xero, we will determine automatically whether it is a sale credit. If no, we will process it as a normal sale invoice, otherwise as a sale credit.
Date: 5-September 2019
- Employee Expense Claim for MYOB users: we now support employee expense claim for MYOB. This feature is also available for Xero and QuickBooks users. more
- Update item matching for MYOB: in addition to item code matching (exact match), we have added description fuzzy matching. This is useful in case that your item codes are different from the supplier’s item codes.
- Update on HQ Dashboard: we now include subscription usage for each of your clients, for different time periods (this month, last month, …). The usage can also be downloaded as a CSV file.
- Email handling system update: better email management, with original upload emails appearing in the invoice processing Log.
- Update on Search/Approve page: Search results are now in time order; UI update.
- New Setting: Email Approval Buttons . Optional. If not set, standard buttons will be used. More
- New update of EzzyBills iPhone App. High recommended, with many new features: 1)better scan image quality; 2)aliases (if set) are remembered for multiple EzzyBills accounts; 3) the same EzzyBills account can be added multiple times each with different alias. It is all done in the Setting of the app. Note: the Alias field can be kept empty or set.
- Sale invoice item codes extraction for QuickBooks Online. This is for customers that manage inventory on QuickBooks while their sale invoices are created outside of QuickBooks.
- “Convert Invoice to Tax Free”. This is a new EzzyBills Setting, under Advanced Options. This supports non-GST/VAT registered businesses – we will export all bills as Tax Free to Xero or QBO. The invoice total will include the tax (but with tax code as tax free). Available for both Xero and QuickBooks users.
- Default tax code in Xero Contact. It will get used if there are a few tax codes in your Xero with the same rate, but you prefer to use a particular one (that you set in your Xero Contact for this supplier). One example is “VAT Free” or “No VAT” (both has 0% VAT): if “No VAT” is set in Xero Contact for this supplier, it will get used, instead of “VAT Free”.
- New update to EzzyBills iPhone App: add login with QR code, and some UI changes.
- NetSuite: more comprehensive support to exporting bills and matching PO to NetSuite.
- Email Approval: add 1st approver data to the 2nd approver’s email.
- Login to EzzyBills App using QR code: allow your clients or staff to login to EzzyBills App without the password.
- Set GL Code at Approvals (optional): if you put it in, we will use it. Otherwise, we will set it automatically based on your invoice history.
- EzzyBills HQ account to hold multiple EzzyBills groups.
- Find out more
- Subscription Payment Gateway – Stripe: Login to EzzyBills and click “Buy” top menu. You will see Pay with Card link for each subscription plan. You will be asked to pay with a credit card.
- Alternatively, you can still use the PayPal option – scroll to the bottom of page, click the “or Pay with PayPal” link to pay with a PayPal account.
- Folders in Search/Approve: Login to EzzyBills and click “Search/Approve” top menu. You will see folders, one for each supplier (currently limited to the largest 20). The sorting of invoices within each folder are yet to be finalized.
- EzzyBills Review: This is a post review process, post of bills/receipts data being exported to your accounting software. To use, login to EzzyBills, click Settings, then Enable Review and Save Settings.
Then when you click the top menu Search/Approve, click Waiting Review to show the document that need to be reviewed. This is particularly useful for QuickBooks Online users as the QuickBooks software does not have a folder structure to show users which invoices have been reviewed.
- Search/Approve: After login to EzzyBills via web, you will see a new top menu “Search/Approve“. This replaces our existing View/Approve function, with new searching technology and user interface. You can search into any invoice header data (supplier name, date, invoice number, amount and tax etc.).
- Export receipts to QBO as Expense. Find out more
- Automatic Tracking for QBO users – support the tracking of Class, Customer, and Location. Find out more
- Search: After login to EzzyBills via web, you will see a new top menu “Search”. Click it to search your past invoices processed. Fast and relevant! It uses the best searching technology, into any invoice header data (supplier name, date, invoice number, amount and tax etc.).
- EzzyBills Workflow: After login to EzzyBills, you will see a new top menu “Workflow”. Click it, you will see a standard workflow for your account. When businesses that need special workflow, we can now rapidly customize it for them.
- EzzyBills App Updates: EzzyBills App for iPhone has a new update on 11 January. This update was to fix bugs on user login. Please update your app if you had a login issue.
- New Release: EzzyBills is now integrated with NetSuite. For bills and expenses. More
- Match PO with Bill: new email upload extension (###.MatchPO@ezzybills.com, where ###@ezzybills.com is your upload email) is added to support pulling supplier, item codes, account codes and job tracking from your PO in Xero to Bill. More
- We made several other code enhancement and bug fixing for Matching PO with Bill.
- New Release: EzzyBills App for your Android phone. Download or search EzzyBills on Google Play Store. More
- New Release: EzzyBills App for iPhone. Just released on 8th Nov 2018. Download or search EzzyBills on App Store. More
- New feature: Email an invoice with extra attachment to Xero: use upload email ###.InvoiceWithAttachment@ezzybills.com, where ###@ezzybills.com is your upload email.
- Email the invoice and extra attachments in one file (the invoice first, followed by others such as Delivery Docket or Quote). Find out more
- New Integration: with Airtable.
- EzzyBills exports bills to Airtable, in addition to your accounting software. In a case study, project managers compare actual costs in the bills we uploaded to Airtable with those they estimated, automatically.
- New setting for matching invoices with PO in Xero – Assume Purchase Orders Fully Receipted (for Xero users)
- It is under Settings -> Advanced Options. By default it is off. When it is on, we will mark a PO in Xero as billed regardless whether the invoice total matches the PO total.
- Copy tracking options and account codes from the matching PO to an invoice, for a line on the invoice
- if there is a matching line description on the PO, we will copy the tracking option and account code from the PO line to the invoice line.
- if there is no matching line description on the PO, we will copy the most common tracking option and account code among all the lines in the matching PO, to the invoice line.
- Email extension for approval and expense claim (for all users)
- When you or your employee email bills or expense receipts to EzzyBills, you can specify who it will be sent for approval. Simple and powerful.
- With this, you will not need to use other expense app anymore.
- This enhances our existing approval workflow (make it possible to approve only some document, not the others; and you can decide who to approve the invoice when it is sent to EzzyBills by email.
- Find out more
- Item invoice for QuickBooks Online, for purchase bills only (not yet for sales invoices.) More
- Email zip files to EzzyBills for processing:
- If you receive an email containing a zip file (which may have one or multiple files in it), you can forward to EzzyBills. We will unzip the file, and process each individual file in it.
- Upload Purchase Order (PO) to Xero:
- If you use another program to generate POs, email the PO files to ###.purchase@ezzybills, where ###@ezzybills.com is your EzzyBills upload email address, and they will be exported as Purchase Orders in Xero. More
- Google Drive for a EzzyBills group with multiple accounts:
- If you have an EzzyBills group account (ie. multiple EzzyBills accounts under a primary user), then you can connect the primary user to Google Drive, then create an sub-folder for each EzzyBills account. Any document you upload into the sub-folder will automatically get uploaded into the EzzyBills Account with the same name. More
- You can specify tracking data at Email Approval:
- When you receive an email to approve an invoice, click the button “Modify”, and then you will be able to specify tracking data. More. This makes EzzyBills Approval tool more powerful – see all invoice modification you can do at email approval.
- New Setting: Tracking Keywords for both Xero and MYOB users:
- In the past, Purchase Order Keywords in EzzyBills Settings (under Advanced Options) is used for tracking as well as for PO number extraction. Due to the customer demand to use both tracking and PO extraction, we have split this option into two. Find out more: Xero Tracking and MYOB Tracking.
- The Tracking Keywords setting is now added, used for tracking only.
- This does not affect existing users: to ensure backward compatibility, if the Tracking Keywords setting is empty and we will use the setting in Purchase Order Keywords to continue to do job tracking.
- Two new features in EzzyBills Email Approval:
- New! EzzyBills Analysis
- EzzyBills Analysis is a tool that will produce a list of invoices that you have processed recently, for which your review is highly recommended, with the data fields that need review highlighted. This is a new feature on trial. In the coming months, we will continue to refine it.
- Benefit to use it? It will create a small list of invoices for you to review. It is highly recommended that you review all invoices, but special attention shall be given to these identified by the EzzyBills Analysis tool, and these data fields highlighted.
- How to use it? Login to EzzyBills, click top menu “Analysis”. Then click the button “Start Analysis (Documents to Review)”. It will take a few minutes for the analyses to be created. You will then go through each invoice in the result, to make sure each has been reviewed and actions are taken. When all invoices are reviewed, click “Clear Analysis” basically to make them all as reviewed.
- Note that For Xero/QuickBooks user, you will be able to click a link to Xero/QuickBooks to review it in your accounting package. Fast and Seamless!
- Use it periodically: if you do it weekly, you will be able to quickly go through the review process. Note that each time you click the button “Start Analysis”, only the new invoices that have not been reviewed will be processed.
- Future Development: EzzyBills Analysis will work closely with the EzzyBills Learning in the next phase of our development so that the number of invoices that require review will become fewer and fewer in time.
- New update on item invoices to MYOB users. If you enable “Stock Invoice” in EzzyBills Settings, when processing an invoice, new item codes will be created in MYOB if they are not there already.
- New! EzzyBills User Interface.
- Summary changes are listed below.
- EzzyBills Subscription payment button: top menu Buy.
- Settings: now on the top menu.
- Where is the Submit to Xero (or MYOB/QuickBooks) button: no button is required anymore. After the file upload, the invoice processing will automatically start.
- How to refresh page or trigger an instant retry (for invoices that did not go through due to communication errors): Internet Browser/Chrome Refresh button ()
- How to find the expiry date of my subscription: top menu Settings -> Show Usage
- The “View/Approve Invoices” button is on the bottom of the page. Click to view more invoices and to approve invoices.
- What is the Payments button (the last one) in the Settings: it is not for pay EzzyBills subscription. It is a new button, grey out currently for most users. It is used for automatic payment of supplier bills.
- New feature, for Xero users only: option to export bills into Xero as “Draft”, “Awaiting Approval” or “Approved”.
A new EzzyBills setting “Exported Status” is added for this feature. The default is “Draft”.
- New feature, for Xero users only: export item code to Xero based on description matching.
Previously if you enable ‘Allow Stock Invoices’ in EzzyBills, EzzyBills will try to export item code of each line on the invoice if the item code exists in your Xero account; if the item code does not exist we will leave it blank.
Now with the change, if we do not find the item code existing in your Xero account, we will try to find a suitable one based on description matching. If no matching is found from description match, we will leave it blank.
This is very useful if the item code on the invoice is different from the one you use in Xero; or item code is missing on the invoice.
If you add new item in your inventory in Xero, you will need to click “Refresh GL” in EzzyBills Settings so that EzzyBills will see the change you made in Xero immediately; otherwise, EzzyBills will ask for inventory item data from Xero once a week.
- New change, for MYOB users only, to matching a bill with existing purchase order (PO): 1) We compare the PO with the bill and if the totals are within 30% or the lines are approximately 80% the same then we will assume that the PO is Fully receipted and convert the PO to BILL (basically, updating the Order with the bill details). Previously we required a 95% match. 2) We also added an option to bypass the check and always convert PO to bill. All you need do is add the phrase ezzymatch; to the Jornal memo of the PO. These were done to address customer comments.
- Deep learning algorithms have been refined and expanded during the last few months. Now if EzzyBills customers make changes in the invoice data in their account packages (such as Xero, MYOB or QuickBooks), EzzyBills will use this information to inform our invoice data extraction engine to learn from its past and improve upon it. The learning targets key invoice data such as invoice total, tax amount, and invoice number etc.
- For GL account code determination, EzzyBills has been using artificial intelligence to provide the most likely account code for your invoice. We also support different account codes for different lines of an invoice. The data that we are using for artificial intelligence include
- Your past invoice data for description matching;
- Default Account Code for the Supplier,
- If none of above yield any suitable account code, we will guess account code for you ( such as most commonly used expense code, and best guessing for each supplier based on your invoice history).
(The last one is one of options in EzzyBills Settings; it is on by default. If you un-check this option, we will leave the account code blank if we cannot find description matching and supplier default account code. This is only applicable to MYOB users. For other users, this option is always on.)
- For Xero users, when invoices are exported to Xero, EzzyBills now sends to Xero two files as attachment: the invoice file and the notes. The latter contains the processing logs and approval logs. We intend to improve the notes in the next few months to include comments/requests coming from our customers.
- When you forward an email to your EzzyBills upload email, if your invoice file is not shown as attached, not as a hyperlink, rather as a web address (such as www.mycompany.com/invoice222.pdf, without being hyperlinked), we now support this.
- In summary, if an invoice coming through via email, we now support the invoice file as
- an attachment (PDF or images – one or multiple files)
- within the email body,
- as a pdf file downloadable via a hyperlink,
- as a pdf file downloadable via a web address
- For expenses/receipts already paid by any of your company credit cards or bank accounts, EzzyBills now supports that you email them over to EzzyBills and we will export them into Xero as “Spend Money”. If your EzzyBills upload email address is ***@***, you will need to email them over to ***.####@***, where #### is the last four digit of your credit card or bank account number.
- For supplier identification (or customer identification on a sale invoice), EzzyBills now uses the alternative name in your Xero and MYOB contact details in addition to the company name, email, phone numbers, and bank details. How to use it.
- EzzyBills customers now can view their subscription history and download past EzzyBills subscription invoices, in Settings – Purchase History.
- EzzyBills customers now can view and change the email address for their EzzyBills account (not the upload email), in Settings – Advanced Options – Your e-mail (click Save afterwards).
- When exporting a purchase invoice to Xero, EzzyBills marks the matching PO as billed” and copy over the account code and tracking data from the PO to the bill. Read More
- EzzyBills integrates now with Google Drive – pulling invoice files directly from your Google Drive Folder called “EzzyBillsUpload” and moved the processed invoice files into “EzzyBillsDone”. Go to EzzyBills Settings to set up the connection.
- Support to sale invoices has been added to QuickBooks users.
- For Approval Process, we now support two-level approval process.
- For Approval Process, the button “Add Note” has been added on approval emails. Your note will be recorded in the EzzyBills log.
- For QuickBooks Online users, we just added a link in the EzzyBills message window and View/Approve window, which you can click to see the invoice in your account.
(Note that the link only works if you have logged into the correct QuickBooks account.)
- For Xero users, we added the support for EzzyBills to mark purchase order as “billed” if EzzyBills exports an invoice to your account and found a matching PO. More
- Two new features with item invoices were added for MYOB users: default item code and supplier purchase layout checking. More
- New option is supported for Xero users: you can now attached additional files to the invoice in Xero (in addition to the invoice file), such as a delivery notes. More
Date: 30-April-2017 EzzyBills has been integrated with QuickBooks Online!
- EzzyBills is now available to QuickBooks Online users! It is a staged release. Currently it is available to only Australian users, but will expand to other locations soon. It supports bills (suppliers invoices), not sale invoices yet. More
Date: 10-April-2017 Customer Key and Reclassify
- A new user setting is created for sale invoice processing: Customer Keywords. The default keywords we use are “Sold To” or “Client” or “Invoice To”. If your sale invoices contain keywords different from the default, you can now specify them in the EzzyBills users settings – under the advanced option. This will ensure the accuracy of customer identification. More
- A new feature/tool “Reclassify” is now available in the View/Approval window. This feature is for those document that come through emails and for some reasons they have been classified as “non invoices”. With this new feature, you can reclassify them as invoices and manually put in the data. More
Date: 20-March-2017 on EzzyBills Supplier Portal
- EzzyBills supplier portal is now in the production. The drive for this development is to allow suppliers to use a portal to submit invoices to you. When using supplier portal, the invoice data will be extracted by EzzyBills and the supplier can verify/modify the data before submitting.
- The supplier portal can be on your business website or sent to your supplier as a web-link via email.
- The supplier portal can be customised to ask for supplier’s input of their email, bank details, and description/note.
- An approval address can be included in the portal so that the invoices will be sent to the right person in your company to approve.
- EzzyBills supplier portal is powerful, versatile and make differences to some of your business.
Date: 13-Feb-2017 on user interface
- EzzyBills user interfaces are now unified for XERO and MYOB users. Now the only difference is the button “Sent to ????” button, with ???? either as “xero” or “MYOB”.
- Nearly all features available for XERO users are also available for MYOB users – with only one exception – “Invoice Headers Only”.
Date: 15-Jan-2017 on sale invoices
- Sale Invoices are supported by EzzyBills for MYOB users (as well as for XERO users).
- See the instruction before 1st-time use: MYOB Sale Invoices
Date: 15-Dec-2016 on View/Approve
- “log” is a newly added link, in the View/Approve user interface.
Click it to see what have occurred to an invoice. It is very handy – such as to find out who has approved the invoice.
- “Not For Me” is a new button in the approval email.
Clicking this button will put the invoice back in the queue for another person to approve.
- “Re-process” is a new button in the approval email, only for when the default approval email is set in the EzzyBills User Settings.
Date: 11-Dec-2016 on user Settings
- Change in the user interface for EzzyBills user Settings – open user settings in a separate tab.
- All receipts will be exported to Xero/MYOB wth Due Date equal to the Invoice/Receipt date.
- Support for a contact default tracking for Xero users (Eg. If a supplier has default purchase tracking info set, then this will get added to the invoice/bill in Xero. This will override other tracking algorithms.) More on XERO Tracking