As a user, you can specify tracking data (tracking options) at the time of invoice approval via email or login to our web portal.
To do so, you will need to enable Approval Workflow, following steps below (Find out more on Email Approval)
- Login, click Settings, turn on the Enable Approval Workflow .
- (optional) Click Advanced Options to expand. set Default Approver Email address if you have only one person in your company to approve the invoice. (If you have multiple people to approval invoices, Click here for more on Email Approval)
- Click “Save Settings“
Then each invoice will be waiting for approval before exporting to your accounting software. At the time of approval (email or web login), you can click Modify – you will be directed to a browser window. You can specify Tracking Option there.
For example, you specify the tracking option to be 11184, as shown below
If the tracking data you specify already exists in your Accounting Software (such as Xero/MYOB), we will use it; otherwise, we will create a new one in your Accounting Software.
Please follow the rules below:
- If you have only one tracking category, enter/select the tracking option,
Example, “11184” , or “Job 11184”,
where Job is tracking category, and 11184 is tracking option.
- If you have more than one tracking categories (Xero Settings example), type in each Tracking Category followed by Tracking Option. For example, enter “Job 11184 State NSW”, or “Job 11184 | State NSW”. You can include ‘|’ or leave it out.
- If Tracking Categories and Tracking Options are existing (for example “State” tracking category has “Eastside” tracking option, and “Job” tracking category has the “11186” tracking option), you can enter “Eastside | 11186” separated by ‘|‘ (see screenshot below – top one). You will see that the Tracking Options are exported to your accounting software (see screenshot below – bottom one)
- If Tracking Categories are existing but the Tracking Options are not (for example “State” and “Job” are existing tracking categories, but “Southside” and “68111” tracking options are not existing), you must include the tracking categories before the tracking options so that “Southside” and “68111” will be created by EzzyBills in your accounting software. Otherwise, they will not be saved to your accounting software because EzzyBills do not know which categories to apply them.