It is often the case that multiple invoices are all associated with different areas of your business (such as departments, cost centres, or locations). To Track this information, Xero supports tracking by allowing you insert tracking information to Xero transactions such as invoices (https://help.xero.com/au/Settings_Tracking).
When Ezzybills processes an invoice, tracking information can also be extracted as long as such information is available on the invoice, or there are other data that can help us determine the tracking information.
We obtain tracking data using one of the following 5 methods:
- Directly obtain tracking data from the invoice
- Infer tracking data from the invoice history (more Case Studies)
- User override tracking data
- Obtain tracking data based on Supplier’s contact data in Xero
- Obtain tracking column data from the invoice
- User to set tracking data using email approving
In Methods 1 and 2,
- We obtain a text block from the invoice, for the purpose of obtaining tracking data (with your input of Tracking Keywords in the Settings -> Advanced Options.)
It can be Customer number, project number, or delivery address etc.
- We use the text block to determine what tracking data in Xero we shall use for this invoice.
The text block can be the Xero tracking data (in Method 1), or associated with a Xero tracking data (in Method 2).
In Method 3,
- You modify EzzyBills Settings for your account to tell EzzyBills which tracking data to use for the invoices that you will upload next. Change the settings back when the invoices are finished with processing.
In Method 4,
- In Xero, you set default Purchase tracking info for the supplier. This will get used by EzzyBills. This will override other tracking algorithms.
In Method 6,
- You, a EzzyBills user, can set the tracking data when you approve an invoice via email. To do so, you will need to turn on “Enable Approval Workflow” in EzzyBills Settings. Read more.