Stock invoices or item invoices in Xero are invoices that have “item” code. With the “item” code, Xero manages your inventory.
EzzyBills supports stock invoices.
EzzyBills Settings for Item Codes,
You will need to enable the EzzyBills Setting below, in order for us to extract item codes for you.
- login to EzzyBills, click Settings, then click to turn on the setting “Allow Stock Invoices“. Click Save Settings.
Item code matching
With “Allow Stock Invoices” ticked and saved, when an invoice is sent to EzzyBills for processing, we extract the “item code” and “description” for each line of the invoice. For each line item on the invoice,
- If the item code on the invoice file exists in your Xero account, we will export this item code into Xero.
- If the item code on the invoice file does not exist in your Xero account, we will look for a matching item code in your Xero based on the description – namely “fuzzy item code” . If the fuzzy item code is found, we will export it to Xero; otherwise, the item code will be left empty when exporting to Xero.
For any new item code, you will need to add the item code in your Xero account (Accounts -> Inventory, click “New Item”). EzzyBills does not create new item codes in your Xero inventory.
(Screenshot 1 below is to demonstrate that item codes are exported to Xero when they exist in Xero)
(Screenshot 2 below is to demonstrate that:
when item codes on the invoices are different from what in Xero, EzzyBills finds item codes by description matching. )
Tips for tie up your item codes in Xero
In order to take advantage of automatic data entry for line items and item codes, you may want to tie up your item codes in Xero, QuickBooks, or MYOB. Use the tips below.
- If you want us to use item code matching: the item codes need to be exact match.
- If you need us to match by description: it is a fuzzy match, allowing some differences (keep as many words the same as you can).
- After you make changes in Xero, if you need to upload bills immediately, please login to EzzyBills, click Settings, click “Refresh/Learn” before the upload. (otherwise, we will get new Xero data once a week.)
What if item codes are not extracted from a bill?
- This may happen for bills only from a specific vendor.
- It may happen when it is not clear which column in the table is for item code. Perhaps item codes are lumped with description on the bill. Or something else.
- Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the DocID (EzzyBills number, currently 7 digits). Then we will look into it and customize the extraction for you.
Item codes “Purchase Account” in Xero
If you set the default Purchase Account in Xero, for the item code. We will use it.
(screenshot below: Xero item code editing)
(screenshot below: exported bill by EzzyBills)