In this case study, we present a solution to the following business workflow (for Xero users):
- (you) Upload a bill to EzzyBills.
- (you) Approve the bill in EzzyBills, with the option to modify bill data, such as amount, and PO number.
- (EzzyBills) 1) Export bill data to Xero in the Awaiting Payment folder; 2) look for the matching PO in Xero – if found, mark the PO as billed; 3)copy across the Tracking and Account information from the Purchase Order to the bill.
1. Login to EzzyBills, click Settings,
- Then tick Enable Approval Workflow.
- Select “Approved” in the option for Exported Status.
- Click Save Settings.
(comment: With these two setting changes, each bill will wait for your approval before we exporting to Xero. You can modify the bill data, such as the PO number.)
2. To approve bill (with option to modify bill data, after uploading it to EzzyBills)
click Search/Approve top menu, then Waiting for Approval tab. You will see invoices that are waiting for approval. Select one or multiple invoices, click Approve, or click the Modify link for an invoice to modify the data.
After clicking the Modify link for an invoice, you will see this window below. Where you can modify PO# data and other invoice data.
3. (no action from you) EzzyBills will then
- export the bill data to Xero in the Awaiting Payment folder.
- look for the matching PO in Xero – if found, mark the PO as billed.