If you upload a Bill to EzzyBills, and there is an associated Purchase Order for this Bill, then EzzyBills will process the Bill to Xero, copy across the Tracking and Account information from the Purchase Order and then mark the associated Purchase Order as BILLED.
EzzyBills Settings Requirement:
- For a new EzzyBills, with the default Settings (Settings -> Advanced Options), PO number will not be extracted from the invoice. No PO matching will be done.
- In order for automatic matching PO to work, you need to modify the Settings -> Advanced Options (Save Settings afterwards). You can have either of the following two Settings.
1) PO numbers will be extracted based on EzzyBills’ default system keywords.
2) PO numbers will be extracted based on a list of keywords (comma separated). In this setting, if you use + at the beginning, we will use your keywords and EzzyBills system default keywords. If you do not use +, we will only use your keywords provided here.
How does this feature work (details)
When an invoice is uploaded into EzzyBills, and there is a corresponding purchase order in Xero (same supplier, and same order number), then
1. If the amounts on the invoice and the PO match, with some tolerance in difference (30% is the default, but the tolerance can be modified – instruction is provided here: how to change match PO tolerance in EzzyBills workflow.
- the PO in Xero will get changed to BILLED;
(If the PO is already “billed” or “deleted”, a warning message will be written to the log and also in the weekly report.)
- the new Bill will get imported into Xero. The “Account” code and Tracking information that is on the PO will get copied across to the Bill (matching on item codes and descriptions; otherwise use the most common one).
If the bill is uploaded with email extension ###.MatchPO@ezzybills.com, the supplier name on the PO will get copied across to the Bill. This is a feature request by our customers as they use generic supplier name for one off purchases.
2. If the amounts do not match (the difference is more than the percentage difference cutoff value), the new Bill will get imported into Xero, and
- (by default) assume that the PO is only partially ‘Receipted’, so leave the PO state unchanged, but copy across the relevant Account and Tracking information to the new Bill.
- if you want EzzyBills to mark the PO as billed regardless whether the invoice total values matches, you can turn on the Settings below
3. Export status of bills
- By default, bills will be exported to the Draft folder in Xero.
- You can change the folder to a different one in EzzyBills Settings ( Exported Status can be modified to “Awaiting Approval” or “Approved – Waiting for Payment” as well). This setting is applicable to all bills.
- If you want bills with matched PO go to approved folder in Xero (i.e. Awaiting Payment) and the other bills go to the “Draft” folder, you can do so follow the instruction here: how to change the export status for bills with a matched PO.
For example, I have a purchase order 215 in Xero
I now upload a matching invoice for this PO.
The amount on the invoice matches that on the PO, the new Bill gets imported into Xero, with the “Account” code and ‘Tracking’ data transferred from, PO line by line.
And the PO changes status to “Billed”.
Find out more
Purchase Order Extraction: how to customise the extraction