Private connection is an advanced setup option and only required if you need multiple ezzybills users to connect to the same Xero Company File.
This guide below explains how to set up a “private” connection to Xero .
1. Login EzzyBills, click Settings. In Settings, click “Advanced Options” to expand. Scroll to near the end of the window, and tick “Private Xero Connection”.
2. Find the text box for “X509 Public key Certificate”, select all the text in the text box using keys “Ctrl+a”, and hit keyboard combination “Ctrl+c” to copy (these texts will be used in Step 6 to paste into Xero).
3. Click on this link: https://developer.xero.com/ and open in a browser window. If you are not already logged into Xero, Login with your Xero Username and Password.
4. Click “My App” tab, click “New App”.
5. Click to choose “Private App”. Fill in the Application Name ( “EzzyBills” is recommended; if you have multiple connections, use EzzyBills1, EzzyBills2, …). Choose your Xero Organisation Then under Public Key, click Paste from Clipboard. In the text box below for X509 Public key certificate and use your keyboard “Ctrl-v” to paste (the one we just copied). Click “Create App“. Now you have the new application set up.
6. Click Save. Click the “Copy” button to the right of the Consumer Key text box.
7. Then return to the EzzyBills. Paste the consumer key (use keyboard “ctrl+v”) into the Xero Consumer Key text box.
Now you have setup a private connection to your Xero account! Congratulations!
Test it out by uploading a test invoice. If it is not successfully exported to Xero, the most common mistake is:
- For Xero Consumer Key, you have copied and pasted wrongly with the “Xero Consumer Secret” from Xero.