Expense Claims to Xero, QuickBooks and MYOB
We support two types of expense claims
- Expenses paid by employee via a company credit card/bank account, and
These expenses will be treated as Spent Money transactions, with payment allocated to a company bank/credit card account in your accounting software.
- Expenses paid by employee from personal funds.
The employee will be treated as a supplier. The expenses will be treated as bills, and the employee will be paid via normal bill payment in your accounting software.
Use EzzyBills Phone App or Email Expense Receipts
You can have several ways to record expenses
- use EzzyBills Phone App to scan receipts on the go. The foreign currencies are supported – we will automatically determine the currencies based on your location.
- forward email receipts directly to EzzyBills.
Fast, convenience and no additional paperwork after the travel. Just relax and enjoy your travel.
Follow the steps below:
1.Setup EzzyBills for employee expense claim,
- Login EzzyBills, click Settings, scroll down to List of Approvers table.
- Click + Add approver. Type in Name of an employee (use a short name, without space), then Approver Email (whoever to approver the expense claim).
- Tick My Expenses if the expense is paid from personal funds.
- Type in the last 4 digits of the credit card number, if expenses are paid via a company credit card.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the table.
- Repeat the above step for each employee.
2. Download EzzyBills Phone App (for employee to do)
- (for each employee) Download EzzyBills Phone App.
- Run it and Login to EzzyBills App (using a QR code).
- Click the Gear Box – add Alias Name (which is the Name field in the List of Approvers in EzzyBills Settings) for that employee
- (back the main page) click “Scan Now” to scan receipts using EzzyBills App.
3. Set up employee as suppliers in Xero/QuickBooks/MYOB to pay the claim to them
- Each employee shall be in Xero Contact (or MYOB Card) (or QuickBooks Supplier) if the claim needs to be paid
- (If it does not exist, we will create one using the Name field in the List of Approvers in EzzyBills Settings.)
- Set default purchase account codes for each contact (this is only available in Xero and MYOB).
4. Once EzzyBills receives a scanned receipt,
- We will send to the approver an email to approve.
- The approver opens the email, with a button click to approve (no login requirement).
With “Modify” button, the approver can check the amount and modify it if required and then approve.
The expense will then go to Xero, QuickBooks and MYOB as
- Spent Money if they were paid by a company card, or
- as a bill to be paid to an employee.