Two types of expenses are supported:
- Expenses paid by employee via a company credit card/bank account, and
These expenses will be treated as Spent Money transactions for company bank accounts in Xero and QuickBooks.
- Expenses paid by employee from personal funds.
The employee will be treated as a supplier. The expenses will be treated as bills, and the employee will be paid via normal bill payment in Xero, QuickBooks and MYOB.
Follow the steps below:
1.Setup EzzyBills for employee expense claim,
- Login EzzyBills, click Settings, scroll down to List of Approvers table.
- Click + Add approver. Type in Name of an employee (use a short name, without space), then Approver Email (whoever to approver the expense claim).
- Tick My Expenses if the expense is paid from personal funds.
- Type in the last 4 digits of the credit card number, if expenses are paid via a company credit card.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the table.
- Repeat the above step for each employee.
2. Download EzzyBills Phone App (for employee to do)
- (for each employee) Download EzzyBills Phone App.
- Run it and Login to EzzyBills App (same the username and password as EzzyBills web login).
- Click the Gear Box – add Alias Name (which is the Name field in the List of Approvers in EzzyBills Settings) for that employee
- (back the main page) click “Scan Now” to scan receipts using EzzyBills App.
3. Set up employee as suppliers in Xero/QuickBooks/MYOB to pay the claim to them
- Each employee shall be in Xero Contact (or MYOB Card) (or QuickBooks Supplier) if the claim needs to be paid
- (If it does not exist, we will create one using the Name field in the List of Approvers in EzzyBills Settings.)
- Set default purchase account codes for each contact (this is only available in Xero and MYOB).
4. Once EzzyBills receives a scanned receipt,
- We will send to the approver an email to approve.
- The approver opens the email, with a button click to approve (no login requirement).
With “Modify” button, the approver can check the amount and modify it if required and then approve.
The expense will then go to
- Xero as 1) Spent Money if they were paid by a company card, or 2) as a bill to be paid to an employee.
Both the copy of receipt and approval log will be sent to Xero as attachment to the Spend Money or bill.
- The expense will then go to QuickBooks as 1) Expense Receipt if they were paid by a company card, or 2) as a bill to be paid to an employee.
- The expense will then go to MYOB as a bill to be paid to an employee.