Two types of expenses are supported:
- Expenses paid by employee via a company credit card/bank account, and
These expenses will be treated as Spent Money transactions for company bank accounts in Xero.
- Expenses paid by employee from personal funds.
The employee will be treated as a supplier. The expenses will be treated as bills, and the employee will be paid via normal bill payment in Xero.
Follow the steps below:
1.Setup EzzyBills for employee expense claim,
- Login EzzyBills, click Settings, scroll down to List of Approvers table.
- Click + Add approver. Type in Name of an employee (use a short name, without space), then Approver Email (whoever to approver the expense claim).
- Tick My Expenses if the expense is paid from personal funds.
- Type in the last 4 digits of the credit card number, if expenses are paid via a company credit card.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the table.
- Repeat the above step for each employee.
2. Download EzzyBills Phone App (for employee to do)
- (for each employee) Download EzzyBills Phone App.
- Run it and Login to EzzyBills App (same the username and password as EzzyBills web login).
- Click the Gear Box – add Alias Name (which is the Name field in the List of Approvers in EzzyBills Settings) for that employee
- (back the main page) click “Scan Now” to scan receipts using EzzyBills App.
3. Set up employee as suppliers in Xero to pay the claim to them
- Each employee shall be in Xero Contact if the claim needs to be paid
- (If it does not exist, we will create one using the Name field in the List of Approvers in EzzyBills Settings.)
- Set default purchase account codes for each contact.
4. Once EzzyBills receives a scanned receipt,
- We will send to the approver an email to approve.
- The approver opens the email, with a button click to approve (no login requirement).
With “Modify” button, the approver can check the amount and modify it if required and then approve.
The expense will then go to Xero as 1) Spent Money if they were paid by a company card, or 2) as a bill to be paid to an employee.
Both the copy of receipt and approval log will be sent to Xero as attachment to the Spend Money or bill.